Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduce myself? Sure. Why not?

What's your favorite version of RM?

• RM 2k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RM 2k3

• RM XP

• RM VX(A)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • RM MV

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • RM 95 (Now that's old school...)

• RM 98 (Slightly less old school...)

• Total voters

Demonboy75

Towns Guard
Hello to all of you wonderful people on RM. I go by many (stupid) names, but you may call me Demonboy75.
My lifelong dream has always been to develop games ever since I was a little boy, and that determination to make games has never wavered. I know how RM works, and I would like to think I'm pretty good at coming up with stories for games, but my skills on making graphics and music could use some work, and my skills at using scripts/plugins are nonexistent (which is why, most likely, I will just have to credit some of you incredible folks out there if you are offering a script/plugin for use in commercial RM products).
I currently have a game in development under the working title of "The Factory" for RMVXA, which will be an RPG about robots--who doesn't love 'em, am I right? This is mostly to better myself in making graphics and music so that I can make characters that don't have to look like blocks and music that doesn't sound like a fork in a blender recorded on a sound device and then transferred into a MIDI file.
I look forward to seeing what you all make and seeing whatever input you have on what I make. This will prove to be a wonderful step forward in becoming a fully-fledged game dev. (blush)
EDIT: I used the phrase "most likely" twice in my post, so I had to fix it because it was bothering me.

Last edited:

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Welcome to the forum!

It's nice to see you decided to come out of the shadows and introduce yourself. This may not exactly be the best place to find scripts for an Ace project, as it uses a completely different language, but I'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind going back to RGSS3 if you make requests. And don't diss the MIDI, MIDIs are awesome. =P

I hope to see you around!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello to all of you wonderful people on RM.
Welcome to the forum Demonboy75. (cool)
My lifelong dream has always been to develop games ever since I was a little boy, and that determination to make games has never wavered. I know how RM works, and I would like to think I'm pretty good at coming up with stories for games
So glad to have another RM veteran around the forum. (glad)(thumbsup)
This is mostly to better myself in making graphics so that I can make characters that don't have to look like blocks
Here are a few video tutorials for creating game graphics for you:
ebF1pIxLpnU
...of course there are many more tutorials out there that's just a few I've selected for you. (glad)

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Welcome to the forums!

I'm certain that you can find many things that can help you on your game making progress! As for your game The Factory, if you want later you can post an update on what you have so far if you want to do that... that is.

Anyways keep up being awesome man.

Demonboy75

Towns Guard
Welcome to the forum Demonboy75. (cool)

So glad to have another RM veteran around the forum. (glad)(thumbsup)

Here are a few video tutorials for creating game graphics for you:
ebF1pIxLpnU
...of course there are many more tutorials out there that's just a few I've selected for you. (glad)
Thanks for the assistance! I watched some of these tutorials, and I think these ought to help me make some better looking pixel art (smile)
And thank you, as well, to all of the nice people who have been greeting me on the forums, giving me suggestions, and just being generally cool. I have already browsed around here a bit and I can tell I'm going to enjoy being in a forum filled with such passionate aspiring game devs like myself.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Demonboy. If you have some pixel art that you already have done, you might want to put some in the Resource in Progress area. Sometimes our artwork is better than what we think. It will also allow you to get some pointers.

Demonboy75

Towns Guard
Hi everyone. New to the forum and excited to start using RPGMMV for the first time!
New to the forums, and to RM? Finally, a way to show I'm not a complete noob to the system!
If you plan to create your own games, I think there are a few things I want to direct you to.
  • Game Character Hub: A pixel art program designed specifically for RM. Although, it was made for versions VX(Ace) and back, so you will have to make you own models when using it.
  • Rytmik Lite Chiptune Synthesizer/Rytmik Ultimate: I hear Frooty Loops (FL) Studio is better, but I haven't tried it yet because MONEY SUX!!! So, this is an inexpensive alternative for making music files for your game.
  • Myself and others on the forum: I have only owned RM for a few months over a year, but I have, since picking it up, used it for a couple of hours once every week (for recent weeks, "a couple of hours" is a huge understatement, as I am actually making a project rather than just training). Ask me, or someone more qualified, and you are likely to get an answer to any question you may have. (jolly)
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for joining! I know I've enjoyed my stay here. (blush)

viewfrommars

Villager
Xy$
New to the forums, and to RM? Finally, a way to show I'm not a complete noob to the system!
If you plan to create your own games, I think there are a few things I want to direct you to.
  • Game Character Hub: A pixel art program designed specifically for RM. Although, it was made for versions VX(Ace) and back, so you will have to make you own models when using it.
  • Rytmik Lite Chiptune Synthesizer/Rytmik Ultimate: I hear Frooty Loops (FL) Studio is better, but I haven't tried it yet because MONEY SUX!!! So, this is an inexpensive alternative for making music files for your game.
  • Myself and others on the forum: I have only owned RM for a few months over a year, but I have, since picking it up, used it for a couple of hours once every week (for recent weeks, "a couple of hours" is a huge understatement, as I am actually making a project rather than just training). Ask me, or someone more qualified, and you are likely to get an answer to any question you may have. (jolly)
Welcome to the forums, and thanks for joining! I know I've enjoyed my stay here. (blush)
Thanks for these suggestions!

Demonboy75

Towns Guard
Thanks for these suggestions!
I apologize for a small bit of misinformation.
Rytmik Lite Chiptune Synthesizer and Rytmik Ultimate create .wav sound files, so they actually don't work with MV. They will work with VX Ace, and 2003, and they may work in some other versions, as well. The only ones I've used are 2003, VX Ace, and MV, so I don't know everything about the other installments.
If anyone has any suggestions on sound production/audio workshop software for MV, please, leave a comment here! I want to know if there is a good one I can use now...