Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inspirational Music

Micro

Dragon Goddess
What sort of music inspires you?

when I'm writing, I like to listen to new age/instrumental-type music... it really helps get the creative juices flowing and helps me to visualize the scene I'm working on a little better.

right now I'm listening to Audiomachine on Pandora Radio, and this song is playing:

Very inspiring!

Share some music that inspires you!

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Yess I was just thinking about making a new thread about music today but didn't manage to post one. Thanks @Micro~ the song you posted is kinda wht my sis listens to when she learns or wanna get inspired. I rather listen to progressive, trance or indie rock. Lastly I listen to indie to get inspired andI listen to it EVERYWHERE. Well, actually I stick to coldplay and the lis soundtracks.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Gotta admit, it's really hard listening to music while composing but I guess some pieces inspire me to write some music. Here's one that really made me want to compose a jazzy modern city theme. :)

Mysiath

the Eternal Lord in the Nothingness
Xy$
Wow. That... that music made me happy. It made me want to dance, and I don't know how to dance neither do I like dancing. But damn, that's a nice one.

I want to be hyped!

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
I find that the music that inspires me varies on any given day, and usually depends on the type of scene I'm working on. Instrumental music in general can be great for any type, but it depends on the tempo, the pitch and the types of instruments. That all matters in lyrical music as well for me, but the lyrics in those is usually what really gets my brain whirring. I rarely watch the videos for them, though. Here's one that I find inspires me for playful, happy scenes. (Note I mostly listen to anime and Japanese music in general, along with some Italian...And very rarely English.)

I find the variety in instruments, energetic tone and slight variations in tempo really helpful when I'm writing a really energized, cheery piece. I sadly haven't found the English translation for the lyrics, but...It doesn't change the inspiration to me for some reason.

For more subtle, maybe even sadder events, I find this song (sung by my favorite Italian artist) helpful:

There are lots of sites with the lyrics, and most can be translated with an app...but I found a forum post somewhere that has them if it's helpful. It's a very gentle, deep song to me.

FANGirl

Residential Vampire
I'm never not listening to some form of music, and I like music of pretty much all genres. But I guess I'll share just a couple of my massive collection (that I have listened to recently).

(My fav genre of music is metal - probably best sub-genres are Thrash, or Visual Kei like the above!)

(I also listen to Zydeco music a lot and this is my favorite Zydeco band. I was introduced to Zydeco music with this very band back with The Sims 1 Unleashed expansion and loved it since.)

(My fav all time boss theme. And I love this game and its OST very much! But this is the song that blew me away.)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@FANGirl I was raised listening to Zydeco and Cajun music. I live about 50 miles from the annual Zydeco Festival. Favorite metal band is Skillet, but listened to a lot of Metallica was I was much much younger.

KaineOfElderon

Towns Guard
Xy$
Depends on my mood...normal mood I have Classical music(Bach, Beetoven, Wagner, yada yada yada)

Really going all out mood: metallica, Iron Maiden, megadeath, ac/dc, cult to follow

Calm but metal mood: skillet and thousand foot krutch