Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDK Project

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
Hello there !
Honestly I've been trying to work on this project for a while, but while I was trying to learn more about RPG Maker most of the people in my team started to lose interest in the project... so I was somehow let down and gave up on it for a few months. But still, my brain kept on having ideas for the game and I was like "yeah I really wanna do it in the end". So here I am, and I need your help !

I currently have :
  • 4 chara designers (including myself)
  • 1 person working on the story (that would be me)
  • 1 friend working on the characters' sprites
IDK Project (no it's not a random name, it IS the actual name) would be an anime-style RPG game, like Corpse Party, Pocket Mirror or Mad Father for instance. I do hope we'll be able to offer players original puzzles, and also bad puns because Pyro, our heroine, is the type of girl to make really, really bad jokes. I want to make people feel the characters' emotions, make them attached to them and most of all I want them to enjoy playing the game by making it different from most anime-styled rpg games. It's an ambitious project so I hope it won't scare you guys away. ;;

"I don't know where I am. I don't know who I am. I don't know who they are. Who should I trust ? How can I be sure I have faith in the right person ?"

Because she tried to investigate things she shouldn't have tried to, Pyro ended up in an odd world with no memory of who she is nor of who she used to know. When she wakes up two people claiming to be her friends are with her, having been transported there with her as well. The thing is she doesn't remember them at all. Around her is a world full of colors, yet something seems a little off with the people living here... can she really trust anyone, especially since she has no memories at all ?

It's not a mere quest of recovering memories. She has to face a world unknown to her, which she might have no relation with and that seems easily able to harm her beyond her thoughts. Appearances do matter, but you shouldn't judge a book by its cover... (I will give more details to those working on the project, obviously)

The story will be divided in chapters, and I'm planning to put it on steam. I was thinking that $5 would be fine, but I honestly have no idea yet, we'll see how it goes ! As of now I don't know if I will pay the team, it will depend on how many people there are and how much work is done because I'm not rich at all... I do have some money saved but not that much.

Sooo ! I currently need :
Programmers/Eventers : I don't want you to master RPG Maker MV... but almost ? I might ask really difficult things, that might not even be possible to do on RMMV since I'm not that accustomed to it.
Pixel artists for backgrounds/tilesets : I want the game to be original. I know it takes a while to create original tilesets, but I want the game to have a unique feeling.
Pixel artists for sprites : I already have one, but it's a lot of work so more might be a great idea.
More people to work on the script with me : Have I ever mentioned that my imagination often goes wild ? I think I did I really won't mind a hand or two to help me think of original puzzles to make the game a bit harder and more entertaining.
Musicians : What is a game without good music, seriously ? I need someone who will be able to create cheerful musics as well as creepy osts. (At first I was planning on asking Lucas King, but well, I thought that it would be great if I could find someone here)
Beta Testers (CLOSED FOR NOW): I guess there's no need in explaining. Try breaking the game if you can, hehehe.
I don't have that much to offer otherwise, I lack potential in many things... but I can at least do some chara design and CG ! If you have any question concerning the recruitment, don't hesitate and go ahead I don't bite I swear. ♥

Thank you for reading ! (cat)

Last edited:

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I can be a betatester ouo Love the games you mentioned (all but pocket mirror) and hope you can finish what you're aiming at~ just be very careful with "lost of memories" because it's just as often used as the "sasuke syndrom" (=family is dead, oh no!). Just try to make your game something SUPER SPECIAL, more special than the games you mentioned :D. Like "hey, u played mad father?" "I know a game better than that, dude. It's called IDK". I see what you wanna achive, i see it in your writing style and you want that game to happen, so i wanna help you ouo. I just love to have more information of the game, the charas etc~
And one other thing, one person to work on the sprites but 4 who work on the designs ?(assuming it includes bust/faceset and concept art) I don't know it just seems a bit unbalanced to me. I might be able to help you out with sprites if it's too much work for your team member, anyways you can always ask me for advice, eventing, mapping etc. However, I hope you'll have a lot of fun creating it with a team and good luck~
Just feel free to pm me if you need anything (or if its ready for betatesting huehue. But I'm warning you, I'm a cold hearted ass when it's about betatesting xD).

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
Thank you for your replies ;w;

@Cunechan; Haha don't worry about the sasuke syndrom, I already know what's behind the loss of memories and rest assured, Pyro's family is fine, alive and happy ! Concerning the sprites... well I might end up asking for more people working on it (tbh I only forgot to write it in the list of people I needed, I'll add it right now (blush)).
THAT'S WHAT I'M AIMING FOR ! SOMETHING SPECIAL, ORIGINAL AND THAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE CRY

Thanks a lot for your interest, I'll gladly accept you as a betatester. ♥ (oh yeah, please be an ass and point out the flaws of the game, it's important to be strict if you aim to create an original, outstanding game)

@Lore; Then I'll make you a betatester as well ! I hope I'll have a team soon, so that you guys will be able to try the game. I'll be counting on you then ! (jolly)

Phantasmguy

Towns Guard
Xy$
I TOTALLY don't mind helping out with a bit of scripting, or at least being someone to bounce ideas off of! I'm liking the plot so far, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it!

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
@Phantasmguy ; Thank you for your interest ! I'll gladly accept your help for the scripting part, 'cause I'm the only one working on it at the moment.

I'll be adding more infos about the characters later, I still have to agree with the artists on some points concerning the chara design. ♪

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Hello there !
Honestly I've been trying to work on this project for a while, but while I was trying to learn more about RPG Maker most of the people in my team started to lose interest in the project... so I was somehow let down and gave up on it for a few months. But still, my brain kept on having ideas for the game and I was like "yeah I really wanna do it in the end". So here I am, and I need your help !

I currently have :
  • 4 chara designers (including myself)
  • 1 person working on the story (that would be me)
  • 1 friend working on the characters' sprites
IDK Project (no it's not a random name, it IS the actual name) would be an anime-style RPG game, like Corpse Party, Pocket Mirror or Mad Father for instance. I do hope we'll be able to offer players original puzzles, and also bad puns because Pyro, our heroine, is the type of girl to make really, really bad jokes. I want to make people feel the characters' emotions, make them attached to them and most of all I want them to enjoy playing the game by making it different from most anime-styled rpg games. It's an ambitious project so I hope it won't scare you guys away. ;;

"I don't know where I am. I don't know who I am. I don't know who they are. Who should I trust ? How can I be sure I have faith in the right person ?"

Because she tried to investigate things she shouldn't have tried to, Pyro ended up in an odd world with no memory of who she is nor of who she used to know. When she wakes up two people claiming to be her friends are with her, having been transported there with her as well. The thing is she doesn't remember them at all. Around her is a world full of colors, yet something seems a little off with the people living here... can she really trust anyone, especially since she has no memories at all ?

It's not a mere quest of recovering memories. She has to face a world unknown to her, which she might have no relation with and that seems easily able to harm her beyond her thoughts. Appearances do matter, but you shouldn't judge a book by its cover... (I will give more details to those working on the project, obviously)

The story will be divided in chapters, and I'm planning to put it on steam. I was thinking that $5 would be fine, but I honestly have no idea yet, we'll see how it goes ! As of now I don't know if I will pay the team, it will depend on how many people there are and how much work is done because I'm not rich at all... I do have some money saved but not that much.

Sooo ! I currently need :
Programmers/Eventers : I don't want you to master RPG Maker MV... but almost ? I might ask really difficult things, that might not even be possible to do on RMMV since I'm not that accustomed to it.
Pixel artists for backgrounds/tilesets : I want the game to be original. I know it takes a while to create original tilesets, but I want the game to have a unique feeling.
Pixel artists for sprites : I already have one, but it's a lot of work so more might be a great idea.
More people to work on the script with me : Have I ever mentioned that my imagination often goes wild ? I think I did I really won't mind a hand or two to help me think of original puzzles to make the game a bit harder and more entertaining.
Musicians : What is a game without good music, seriously ? I need someone who will be able to create cheerful musics as well as creepy osts. (At first I was planning on asking Lucas King, but well, I thought that it would be great if I could find someone here)
Beta Testers : I guess there's no need in explaining. Try breaking the game if you can, hehehe.
I don't have that much to offer otherwise, I lack potential in many things... but I can at least do some chara design and CG ! If you have any question concerning the recruitment, don't hesitate and go ahead I don't bite I swear. ♥

Thank you for reading ! (cat)
I can help in Beta Test Along with Cunechan and Lore, the more the merrier
I might be able to sprite a little and make a little music, however I can't do anything too time consuming.

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
@Akamizu ; Sorry for the late replyyy ;;
I'll gladly accept your help for BT ! Concerning Sprites and music, could I have some examples perhaps ? I know my project will take some time, but you might be able to help the ones mainly working on theses fields... (cute)

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
I take pride in my writing abilities, and I happen to be a big fan of bad puns and jokes. I can't afford to buy the game so I can only beta test if it's free, though. Or if you beta it free at least.

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
@DianteC ; Puzzles are always welcome, so I'll gladly accept your help ! Beta testers as well. ♪
@Juneberry ; Then you're hired as a writer. Especially for the bad puns hehehe. Yep the beta will be free !

Thanks everyone for your support. I'll contact all of you again once I've found at least one person fulfilling each role I'm searching for. I'll close Beta testers for now though.

DianteC

Towns Guard
Xy$
@DianteC ; Puzzles are always welcome, so I'll gladly accept your help ! Beta testers as well. ♪
@Juneberry ; Then you're hired as a writer. Especially for the bad puns hehehe. Yep the beta will be free !

Thanks everyone for your support. I'll contact all of you again once I've found at least one person fulfilling each role I'm searching for. I'll close Beta testers for now though.
Awesome :)

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
@Lore; That's so nice of you ! I'll gladly accept the help you're offering ;w;
@Tah Capella; You're hired !
I'm sorry I've not been giving much news recently, I've been having some personal and health problems. I'm finally back to drawing so Pyro's ref will soon be available. Of course, infos on some characters will be displayed as well.

Maynie

Villager
Xy$
Hello guys ! I'm finally back with some news--
1) I've created a Google Doc that will be edited quite often, especially the Staff part and Characters one. Please remember that it might not be spoiler-free, so be careful. Here is the link.
2) I'll definitely make sure it makes its way to Steam. We'll see about the prize later, but I was thinking that the first chapter could actually be the beta and therefore free.
3) There will be several different endings, from small bad endings to more detailled endings depending on your choices.