Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost my game. Three times. Everything is gone. T_T

Aisling Starr

Princess Of Garando
I originally started Garando on RPGMMV, and had gotten most of the "sandbox" done, then...poof. Deleted. So maybe I took it as a sign and started on another approach for the demo I was making. Poof. That deleted itself. I know I had the files saved. Then, the third one didn't have much on it and...poof. Deleted. I later found the files somehow, even though they were nowhere to be seen. Guess what? They were corrupted. They didn't open.

I'm legit upset and demotivated. It's terrible.

I'm going to try again, keep the charger on, close all other apps, and clean out what I can to free space so it doesn't fail to save.

Before that, I think I'm going to write down and plan everything, and then do it.

At least then, I will have everything I need and, if it gets deleted, I can start over and do it exactly the way I want it.

Still, that was A LOT of work down the drain.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I, unfortunately, have experience the same thing throughout the years. Undergraduate and graduate schools projects and papers...POOF...gone without a trace, even with the 'save early, save often' mindset.

As long as some part of it, or maybe even more, is still captured within your memory, go for it, and rebuild and fine tune the masterpiece that was destroyed by an unforeseen disaster.

You can do it. :)

Zarsla

Villager
Xy$
I know it's hard. My computer hard drive just crash, and now everything got to start over. Anyway my secret is backup and make copies on like a usb or hard drive.

I had my game backed up, so that when it crash I could start ovet.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Dang - I'm sorry to hear about that. :(

I've had that happen a few times, so now I've just made a habit of backing up my files in a couple of places, and saving different versions I can start from if a file gets corrupted or something.

. . .tips from me, get an external hard drive, i always backup files that takes time to form or complete like downloaded dlcs, thesis, important self made documents once in while ( once a month ). . .

. . .it creates a checkpoint like system to my files. . .