Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Got RPG Maker MV What do I do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Ciao GameMakers...

I Finally got a copy of RPG Maker MV, I have been learning the tutorials and more and cannot wait to get one on that moment. But now after I got my Copy, I don't know what I should do, or should be doing...

Can Anyone give me a tips on how to start on RPG MAKER?

I am not talking about starting a project
, but what should new users like me should be doing...

Danke,
Akamizu(heart)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
New users usually make a playground project to learn the engine? So you are asking for directions o3o Uhhh pff I dont know xD Since you've learned the tutorials you should be halfway ready, right?

I reeeeaaally have no plan though °J° Good luck with figuring out~
(Hopefully you can find someone who can actually give some advice xD)

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
New users usually make a playground project to learn the engine? So you are asking for directions o3o Uhhh pff I dont know xD Since you've learned the tutorials you should be halfway ready, right?

I reeeeaaally have no plan though °J° Good luck with figuring out~
(Hopefully you can find someone who can actually give some advice xD)
(tears) I am really am clueless, I don't know what to do...

I will try the playground project you suggest me.

+ Adorable cats

Last edited:

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
@Akamizu ...

Create a new, fresh, empty Project. 'Load' a World Map (World 1..?). Load the Fishing Village Map. Place a suitable Tile on the World Map at a suitable spot to represent that Fishing Village. Create the Event that takes the Actor from the World Map to the Fishing Village, and the Event (or Events...) that take the Actor back to the World Map. Load the House 1 Map into the project. Choose a building in the Fishing Village, and create the Door Event that takes the Actor to the House 1 Map, and the exit that takes the Actor back to the Fishing Village. Load the House 2 Map, and create the same passage Events as for House 1. Add an NPC to the Fishing village. Create a conversation when approached by the Actor. Place an NPC in each House, and create their conversations. Place the Actor on the Beach in the Fishing Village as the Starting Point, then create the opening Texts that explain how he (or she...) feels about waking up on the Beach, with no souvenir as to how he (or she...) arrived there. Have the Actor go about the Village asking NPC's about what's happened, and create their replies. Add as many Events, Treasures, Weapons to be found, enigmas, puzzles, clues, dialogues as required, and extra Maps, Villages, Towns, Cities, Castles, Forests, Caverns... as the story requires, as it all develops. Have fun. Have some more fun. Have even more fun. That is all.

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
@Akamizu ...

Create a new, fresh, empty Project. 'Load' a World Map (World 1..?). Load the Fishing Village Map. Place a suitable Tile on the World Map at a suitable spot to represent that Fishing Village. Create the Event that takes the Actor from the World Map to the Fishing Village, and the Event (or Events...) that take the Actor back to the World Map. Load the House 1 Map into the project. Choose a building in the Fishing Village, and create the Door Event that takes the Actor to the House 1 Map, and the exit that takes the Actor back to the Fishing Village. Load the House 2 Map, and create the same passage Events as for House 1. Add an NPC to the Fishing village. Create a conversation when approached by the Actor. Place an NPC in each House, and create their conversations. Place the Actor on the Beach in the Fishing Village as the Starting Point, then create the opening Texts that explain how he (or she...) feels about waking up on the Beach, with no souvenir as to how he (or she...) arrived there. Have the Actor go about the Village asking NPC's about what's happened, and create their replies. Add as many Events, Treasures, Weapons to be found, enigmas, puzzles, clues, dialogues as required, and extra Maps, Villages, Towns, Cities, Castles, Forests, Caverns... as the story requires, as it all develops. Have fun. Have some more fun. Have even more fun. That is all.
Oh wow! Such a great Idea to learn how to events in game!
I am going to learn so much from this tips!
Thank you very much Douglas! (glad)

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Oh wow! Such a great Idea to learn how to events in game!
I am going to learn so much from this tips!
Thank you very much Douglas! (glad)
If, as expected, any of the above brings up questions, difficulties or problems, pop 'em up here (or in a new thread, if appropriate...) and the collective Knowledge here will probably be able to help.

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
If, as expected, any of the above brings up questions, difficulties or problems, pop 'em up here (or in a new thread, if appropriate...) and the collective Knowledge here will probably be able to help.
Dear Douglas...

I don't know how to show my gratitude Douglas :)
You're one great ol' chap (joking)

Have A Good Day, Night or Noon,
Your Protege, Philip

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Closing this topic due to being solved, if for any reason you would like this re-opened please report the post or contact a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.