Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am terrible at introductions.

Skyrocker

Towns Guard
Xy$
Right, let's get this started then. (I totally forgot I had an account for this community but I might as well make use of it now.)

My name is Jano Visser, or Sky (I prefer Sky, honestly), I am 17 years old, live in The Netherlands and have been a proud user of RPG Maker since 2010/2011 (Honestly I can't remember besides my skills being terrible back then.)

I've been working with RPG Maker MV for a few months now, and took a pretty big break on game making (although I never really make games, I just tend to make 5 to 10 maps and then forget about my projects) but now I have returned on my work with RPG Maker MV and if I'm starting over with RMMV, I might as well introduce myself to the MV community. (This is the MV community right?)

My specialty with RPG Maker lies in mapping, honestly. I used to do a lot of mapping in RPG Maker XP a couple of years ago but I found RPG Maker MV to be easier. (The only reason I use MV above VX Ace is because it's easy to overlap trees now.) I've also decided to pick up parallax mapping lately but parallax mapping takes a whole lot of effort.

Besides the (Semi-)serious introduction, I love to play video games and make music (might even compose music if I ever pick up FL Studio) and I love meeting and getting to know people as well.

Now that'd be all for now. Hope to see a lot of you guys and hell, maybe even work along with some of you :)

~Sky

This took way too long.

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Good afternoon, @Skyrocker , and ...

... Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. Looking forward to your contributions to this fine community.

Lore

Resident Dragon
Welcome to TALKING on the forums. You've been lurking for a while, so you probably know how that we don't bite too hard. :P

Skyrocker

Towns Guard
Xy$
I do plan to invest some time into this community and talk even more, although it might still take some time for me to warm and open up to everyone.

(But I'm excited nonetheless)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the AWSEOME introduction Skyrocker, and welcome to the community. Do you primarily do RTP mapping or customized parallax mapping?

Skyrocker

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thanks for the AWSEOME introduction Skyrocker, and welcome to the community. Do you primarily do RTP mapping or customized parallax mapping?
Primarily RTP mapping, seeing as that's what I'm best at. The only real parallax mapping I do is mostly adding some things to interiors or add atmospheric overlays to my maps so my normal RTP maps have some nice lighting to go with a certain story or location.

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
@Skyrocker, has anyone ever told you you're a good liar? I'm not sure if you are or not, but your title is definitely a lie! That introduction is way better than things I can come up with! Which as I reread that...Is pretty sad for a writer, huh?

I definitely like MV mapping more than XP mapping (I'm sorry, XP, just...So confusing...). I can see why you'd like MV more than VX Ace too, to a degree- I started with Ace, but honestly, I find MV mapping generally simpler too- especially for the overlay of trees and such! So much less complicated, which is great for someone as lazy as me. I still haven't gotten into parallax mapping yet, but...Someday maybe. Someday is a dangerous word though, I've learned. Oh well.

Aside from reactions to that, a general 'nice to meet you' is in order. I'd love to hear more about the music you like to make and maybe some of your favorite video games. When you say you make music, do you mean you play a particular instrument? Or do you write music? I can't read sheet music, but I'm sure if that's your cup of tea you're probably good at it. Either way...Tell us more! Or me. Er, you get my point.

And you thought your intro was too long...

Skyrocker

Towns Guard
Xy$
Aside from reactions to that, a general 'nice to meet you' is in order. I'd love to hear more about the music you like to make and maybe some of your favorite video games. When you say you make music, do you mean you play a particular instrument? Or do you write music? I can't read sheet music, but I'm sure if that's your cup of tea you're probably good at it. Either way...Tell us more! Or me. Er, you get my point.
(I find it awfully funny how this thread came alive a week after my introduction, but oh well.

I do mostly play the guitar. I did play a little bit of piano and I sometimes tend to lose myself on the drums (although I can't really use the bass pedal well.), but mostly guitar. I also tend to write a lot of my own lyrics (although they're not all that happy, blame my youth.) and yeah, that's pretty much the musical part.
I've also tried to compose music through FL Studio lately although that's a little bit hard without the proper instruments.

And you thought your intro was too long...
Just wait until you see the blogs I posted on the website. My intro is nothing compared to that entire essay.

Also, regarding RPG Maker MV:

The evolution of RPG Maker at its finest!

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
I'm sorry I took so long myself in welcoming you, considering we (basically) joined the same week. I'm glad you seem comfy here though!

I see, a guitarist huh? I play some piano myself. Do you have a favorite kind of music to play? I like playing Neko Funjata when I have piano access. So...interesting.

Skyrocker

Towns Guard
Xy$
I'm sorry I took so long myself in welcoming you, considering we (basically) joined the same week. I'm glad you seem comfy here though!

I see, a guitarist huh? I play some piano myself. Do you have a favorite kind of music to play? I like playing Neko Funjata when I have piano access. So...interesting.
I mostly like to play rock and punk, since it's pretty easy on the guitar. But lately I've been switching to more calm progressions and a more acoustic guitar play.

When it comes to piano, however, I tend to play more sad tones. But oh well that's kind of who I am.

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
I mostly like to play rock and punk, since it's pretty easy on the guitar. But lately I've been switching to more calm progressions and a more acoustic guitar play.

When it comes to piano, however, I tend to play more sad tones. But oh well that's kind of who I am.
It's truly amazing how much someone's interest in music- both the kinds they like to hear and the kinds they like to play- can really tell you about someone at times. I need to think hard about that to make tunes that fit my characters eventually...Thanks for reminding me that one. :D