Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make the player facing right instead of left in battle?

Steven K

Villager
Xy$
I'm just curious how to change the position of the character. So usually we see that the player is in the right battling with the eneny at the left.
However I feel that it does not fit my game. Is there any way so that the player is in the left and the enemy is on the right? Maybe like any plugin recommendation?

Also I want to change the size of the enemy because I feel that some enemy is too big. So can I in any way change the enemy size?

Lark Monster

Towns Guard
Xy$
I am not 100% sure if this would work for you, but if you use YEP Battle Engine Core you can move the anchor for the battlers, it looks like it would require a lot of work to make it look 'okay' though. If you look at the following video, at about 6:40 it starts to talk about battler anchors.
Edited to add: It doesn't look like you'd be able to have them switch sides with this plugin...so I could be totally off base, sorry.

Custom Sideview Battler Anchor

Sideview battlers are generally centered horizontally, and grounded at their feet. However, not all sideview battler spritesheets work this way. In the event you have a sideview battler that doesn’t conform to those standards, you can ‘anchor’ them a different way.

Actor Notetags:
<Anchor X: y.z>
<Anchor Y: y.z>
This sets the anchor location for the actor’s sideview battler at y.z. By default, the X anchor is 0.5 while the Y anchor is 1.0. If you want the X anchor to be a bit more to the left, make it less than 0.5. Make it more than 0.5 to make the X anchor more towards the right. To raise the Y anchor, set the number value to less than 1.0. Keep adjusting until you find that perfect anchor setting.

As for changing the enemies, I think unless you made your own, you'd have to take the images and edit them in an external program to be smaller.

Steven K

Villager
Xy$
I think I get what you mean, thank you. Nevermind about the first question hahah.

About changing the enemy size, I tried photoshop's changing image size but it does not work in the game. I tried to decrease the Bat size by 1/4th of it's original size but in the game it did not decrease at all.
[doublepost=1493542085,1493528350][/doublepost]Ah nevermind, I finally figured it out.

Anyone who wants to downscale or upscale an image for the enemy's battler, just use the YEP.44 Animated Enemies, through this we can downscale or upscale the enemy
http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/
To do this, go to the troops in the database and put in the notetag
<Scale Sprite: x%>
x=number for the percentage
Anyway thanks @Lark Monster