Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get Your Resources Downloaded Straight From THIS Site

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why am I do this tutorial? There are a number of members that have difficulty downloading resources that come from external links. Some resource providers may not realize that they CAN have resources available to members that are downloaded straight from here. I personally have never experienced downloading challenges from resource stored here. External links sometimes have created challenges.
Here is how to save your images here, to make it easier for some members to download your resources.

I. Press the [Add Resource] button.

SavingResourcesHEREPartI.png

2. Press the [Upload Your Resource] Button in the Resource Type section.
SavingResourcesHEREPartII.png

III. Select images/images that you desire uploaded and press [Open]

SavingResourcesHEREPartIII.png

This resource will now be available to be downloaded straight from RPG Maker Forums. There are other steps, not included which includes resource descriptions, and resource icon selection, but that is a separate tutorial. :)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Ive seen it too and had a few troubles myself downloading a few resources which were saved on an external website. Always make it like in this tut too, It's the easiest way to upload and acces even though it might be more comfortable to make it with an external site. Thanks MJ anyways (glad)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well that certainly helps! Thanks for pointing that out, now I don't have to worry about a 2gb limit on all my resources lol.
Exactly, there is too much embarrassment when we give a download link to a friend or family member, for one of our games, or resources, and we have exceeded our monthly bandwidth limit. Even with higher bandwidth packages, there is also sometime web accelerator conflicts with some sites. I have not have had that issue, HERE on this forum.

My games and resources are stored HERE. The 'hosting' sites have caused to much headaches for those wanting to download my games and resources.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Exactly, there is too much embarrassment when we give a download link to a friend or family member, for one of our games, or resources, and we have exceeded our monthly bandwidth limit. Even with higher bandwidth packages, there is also sometime web accelerator conflicts with some sites. I have not have had that issue, HERE on this forum.

My games and resources are stored HERE. The 'hosting' sites have caused to much headaches for those wanting to download my games and resources.
Definitely my reasoning for wanting to do it this way lol. The limits elsewhere suck!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We now have over 600 Resources available on this site!
[doublepost=1476537624,1457649739][/doublepost]Friendly reminder that you can have your resources STORED and DOWNLOADED from this site for FREE!