Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to a make a Poke-style game?

Would you even like to see another game of this Genre?

• Total voters

A13XIS

Villager
Xy$
Well Hi again (cat)

I'm working on a Pokemon-style game (In a team of course).
It's not really a Pokemon clone since we try to mix in a lot of new stuff, but we started by implementing a similar core game play.
Still, there are some things we're not sure about. If you can, please answer us a "few" (about 25) questions.
That would help a lot.
Here's the link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZaTHvw6TSEklZsCk2

Thank you.

P.S.: The questions sound weird to me, but I don't know what's wrong with them. If you spot some grammatical errors, just leave a comment (the last question in the survey).

Psycoris

Villager
Xy$
I previewed the questions. While I like the base game. The questions seemed geared towards a Pokemon clone. My opinion and it is just that. Use the aspects you like but take it a different direction. For example drop the wild capture mechanic. Test tube alien battler Syndrome. "TABS". Collect DNA sample and clone/splice your battle monsters. Just a spontaneous idea there. Overuse of psychedelic colors and repetitive electronic music is a must lol.

A13XIS

Villager
Xy$
We kind of stopped active development 3 Moths ago, because nobody had time for this (including myself).
I plan to restart the process in march, but at the moment we just have a bunch of design documents.