Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoi fellow game fans!

cccviper

Villager
Xy$
I just joined and wanted to greet you. Also because leaving one thing uncrossed off would bug me.
Quicklisting some favorite things of mine
Umbreon from Pokemon (profile picture)
Annihilator heli from GTA
Toothless from how to train your dragon
Tails from Sonic
Engineer from TF2
Black and yellow color schemes
Rock/metal/pop/outrun and related musics of those genres.
And recently, Temmie from Undertale. The struggle for cool leg is real. :c
My project. I'm starting up a game company (might be called keep dreamin studios[there's a story behind that]) and my first game will be something reminiscent of GTA:SA, commonly known as one of the best games ever created. I'm about halfway done drawing vehicle concept art. The game will take place in the Tampa bay area of Florida but anything outside of the city limits will be of my own free reign with mountains and other uncharacteristic, for the area, nature. It will have a radio system like its competition and I've got most of the potential songs secured for it including the menu and on foot instrumentals thanks to my good friend who also introduced me to this site, TheUnproPro. The scripts for dialogue is my next goal. After that, I'll have to find some programmers and modelers to actually build the game cuz I'm far too stupid to do it myself. Based on the grades I got in school, this is the way I should do it though I would like to learn modeling. Rockstar, the ones who make GTA, use C++ for programming, 3D studio max for models and Rage and Euphoria for their engines. As an insurer that My game will be similar to theirs, I would like to use similar programs if possible. Though I am planning on using cartoony graphics in sacrifice to making the game huge and breathtaking in other aspects, I still would like to use Unreal engine 4 for modeling and C# since I hear it's a lot easier and still allows programming some very complicated tasks for the game to handle. As for the engine for physics and such, idk if I should use one or make one myself. That's further down the road to decide anyway. Though this isn't sounding like a typical rpg so far, it definitely will have some major rpg factors in it on top of it being an open world sandbox, action, driving, fps/3ps game. I'm not ready to do voice casting yet, but when I am, you guys will be the first to know.
No more game info for now, don't want to spoil anything.
2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th projects already planned.
On the irl side, pursuing a helicopter piloting license.
Soon to stop working at bob evans to work in theater for better money and a looser schedule for more game making time.
Almost have enough to purchase a travel trailer for more and much needed life mobility.
That's pretty much all the important stuff atm.
Despite already having given away more info about my first game than I wanted to, I'll still hint some stuff if you ask nicely. :3 For now, I shall be going to bed. Thanks for going through my massive wall of text.