Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

HMS: Choice Display Mode Latest

No permission to download

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Tsukihime submitted a new resource:

HMS: Choice Display Mode - Customize the way choices are displayed

By default, when you present players with a set of choices for them to select, the choices will be displayed in a window separate from the message window.

However, what if you wanted to present your choices differently in certain situations?

This plugin allows you to display the choices in-line with your messages, with the option to switch between the default display method and the new display method....
Read more about this resource...

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Awesome! I was going to do this for my game but now that you made a plugin, I may as well use it.(glad) What's the compatibility like with yanfly message plugins? Mainly the message core and extras pack. If you don't already know, I'll be testing your plugin soon and I'll let you know about any incompatibilities..

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Hey, I'm back with a bug. If the choice window is standalone without any showtext command it will return "cannot ready property y of null. pointing to textState.y. I'm assuming it's happening because it has no text to point to. Obviously the simple solution is to never have a standalone choice window but I figured I'd let you know anyway.
JavaScript:
  Window_ChoiceList.prototype.updatePlacement = function() {
    TH_WindowChoiceList_updatePlacement.call(this);
    if (this._choiceMode === 1) {
      var messageY = this._messageWindow.y;
      var textState = this._messageWindow._textState;
      this.x = this._messageWindow.newLineX() + $.indent;
// This line below is what it points to.
      this.y = messageY + (textState.y + textState.height);
    }
  };

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Choices in message window requires the settings for the message window to be provided (specifically, position of the window).

So the recommended workaround is to display an empty message if you absolutely need a "standalone choice" in embed mode.

I have updated the plugin to provide an appropriate error message.

Awesome! I was going to do this for my game but now that you made a plugin, I may as well use it.(glad) What's the compatibility like with yanfly message plugins? Mainly the message core and extras pack. If you don't already know, I'll be testing your plugin soon and I'll let you know about any incompatibilities..
Not sure, but unless yanfly is rewriting the whole message system there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Last edited: