Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi

Polymath

Villager
Xy$
I'm posting this to get my profile to 100% complete. That aside: I'm a coder, and well versed in javascript. I'm hoping to use RPG Maker to make things go a bit quicker. I fiddled with RPG Maker back in the early 2000's, but otherwise I don't recall much. It seems pretty straight forward though.

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
Well, whether it was to get your profile to a hundred or not, I'm glad to meet you! How long have you been working with code? Is Javascript your favorite?

Polymath

Villager
Xy$
Well, whether it was to get your profile to a hundred or not, I'm glad to meet you! How long have you been working with code? Is Javascript your favorite?
Well met. I've been coding for 11 years, and then some. JavaScript is useful, but I don't think I'd call it my favorite. It's got some strengths, but it's so loose that there's several competing supersets of the language that compile into JS to fill some of the gaps. It's awesome that it's possible to do that, but upsetting that there's a need for it.

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Good evening, @Polymath , and ...

... Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

"...It seems pretty straight forward though."
Can we quote your on that when the questions come flooding in..?
(Just joshing; no malice intended...
)

Polymath

Villager
Xy$
Good evening, @Polymath , and ...

... Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

"...It seems pretty straight forward though."
Can we quote your on that when the questions come flooding in..?
(Just joshing; no malice intended...
)
Well "seems" is my copout word. So I can save face when the questions inevitably come in. This community looks like a lot of fun.

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
Well met. I've been coding for 11 years, and then some. JavaScript is useful, but I don't think I'd call it my favorite. It's got some strengths, but it's so loose that there's several competing supersets of the language that compile into JS to fill some of the gaps. It's awesome that it's possible to do that, but upsetting that there's a need for it.
What is your favorite then? I'd love to hear more of what you enjoy!

Mysiath

the Eternal Lord in the Nothingness
Xy$
Getting that 100% profile is an incredible accomplishment.

Hello there and welcome to the forums. I wish you the best of luck with coding and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

GYIYGABITE

Villager
Xy$
I'm posting this to get my profile to 100% complete. That aside: I'm a coder, and well versed in javascript. I'm hoping to use RPG Maker to make things go a bit quicker. I fiddled with RPG Maker back in the early 2000's, but otherwise I don't recall much. It seems pretty straight forward though.
Welcome to Corneli...wait, wrong game...I mean, X-Men! Welcome to d-no, wrong game as well! Welcome aboard! I remember that the first program I've used was RPG Maker 95....that was back in 2000. The beauty of the RPG Maker series is that they kept the same interface but with new features. Again, welcome aboard.

Polymath

Villager
Xy$
What is your favorite then? I'd love to hear more of what you enjoy!
I don't really have a favorite. I mostly work using a .Net stack and Angular. So a C# backend and a javascript front end. I like the idea of Golang, but haven't had much time to use it. I occasionally use Java, but it's not the same since the occupation of Oracle. A lot of interesting stuff is happening with .Net though. The ASP.Net Core and open sourcing of things is looking really attractive.

Polymath

Villager
Xy$
Hi @Polymath , and welcome to the community. What kind of plugins do you specialize in?
I haven't made any yet, but I've got a few ideas. I enjoy procedural content generation, and so I may hack up something to create randomized maps on the fly. I'm probably going to make some tools to build maps with a fringe layer in lieu of auto tiles.