Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi. Idiot Passing Through With A Game Concept

MagiaVW

Villager
Xy$
Hello, you can call me Magia. I like to write fantasy stories. About a month ago, I was trying to focus on a story and ended up creating an AU of it. The more I thought about it the more I thought this would make a great video game. I have RPG Maker MV now, however I have no idea what I am doing. I can't use the normal character generator cause due to a certain plot point I need my characters to be taller. I also need to be able to alter clothes. Most tutorials go over my head or not what I need. I don't know if I can go anywhere with this, but if I can get some help I want to try.

Basic story: there are ten possible cataclysms that could end the world. To each one, a hero is suppose to rise up in an attempt to prevent it. Prophets have foreseen the next cataclysm and the eighth hero will appear in this century. Any warrior that has fought at Kylee's side expected it to be her. She did retire from most mercenary work to aid her husband in protecting the Forest of Spirits from dark magic.

What they didn't realize was that they were a generation off. Kylee and Tocho are summoned by the leader of the forest spirits, Breya, and are told that the baby they just found out Kylee was carrying is the next hero. They also have to start preparing him now.

As Kylee fights, her warrior's spirit is shared with him. One game mechanic is her making sure she doesn't over stress her body. They also have to collect ten essences that each have an attribute of a hero before the baby is born. These essences not only strengthen the baby, but Kylee as well. They can even grant her new abilities. Tocho acts as a her protector. If Kylee's body is weakened while he's in the party, he'll take the lead in the fight. He gains new powers as the story progresses to protect his wife and child.

Basically, ten dungeons, side quests, improving armor and weapons, story cutscenes, doing things to improve stats which includes the baby after you find the first essence. You can basically choose the type of hero the baby will be like.

Last edited:

jdh34

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hi there i like your story idea and plot

Mine is about an evil entity who survives the battle with the protagonist 1000 years ago and emerges in the year 2044 or something like that to manipulate mankind and use the ice crystal to take over the world it's similer to your plot except part one is set in the middle ages where lucus defeats the entity and part two is where a new generation of protagonist's two men and two woman take on this evil entity spanning 12 maps and side quests with a little help ... so ten dungeons is nice and sweet for your project and the weapons system is fine too

So good luck on your project

Looking forward to it

MagiaVW

Villager
Xy$
Hi there i like your story idea and plot

Mine is about an evil entity who survives the battle with the protagonist 1000 years ago and emerges in the year 2044 or something like that to manipulate mankind and use the ice crystal to take over the world it's similer to your plot except part one is set in the middle ages where lucus defeats the entity and part two is where a new generation of protagonist's two men and two woman take on this evil entity spanning 12 maps and side quests with a little help ... so ten dungeons is nice and sweet for your project and the weapons system is fine too

So good luck on your project

Looking forward to it

Yeah, just need to figure out how to actually make it.

Your story sounds good too.

jdh34

Towns Guard
Xy$
Ahh in the resource section you can find plug-ins it depends whether you have the steam version or the kadokawa version
To import plugins go to your resources manager then click on import plugins
Alternatively go to the c drive where mv is installed and open the mv folder look for plugins there and import to this folder after that in resources manager select the plug-in. .. enable and your good to go

MagiaVW

Villager
Xy$
Ahh in the resource section you can find plug-ins it depends whether you have the steam version or the kadokawa version
To import plugins go to your resources manager then click on import plugins
Alternatively go to the c drive where mv is installed and open the mv folder look for plugins there and import to this folder after that in resources manager select the plug-in. .. enable and your good to go
I was doing good until it I got to the ones that had to be downloaded from an external site...

Clownia

Villager
Xy$
And what were your problems with these external downloads? Didn't you find the download links there, or were the files just not available anymore?

MagiaVW

Villager
Xy$
And what were your problems with these external downloads? Didn't you find the download links there, or were the files just not available anymore?
Either they no longer existed, wanted me to sign up to some sketchy site, or were Windows only.

jdh34

Towns Guard
Xy$
That happens sometimes
I think it's due to the server they use
If you google shaz s plugins you might be in luck
As she uses pastebin

MagiaVW

Villager
Xy$
I'll give it a shot, but I think I screwed up already. I was trying out the battle system and clicked on Special. There was nothing in there and I couldn't get back out to the battle menu.