Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Can't add videos to my game!

Katsumitsu

Villager
Xy$
So, I was reading some posts about inserting videos on RPG Maker MV. I converted my .mp4 file to both .ogv and .ogg and pasted them on the movies folder.
I added the run video event but my video didn't appear there! Help xnx

Hmm, I haven't used MV enough to know what is going on in this instance, but some quick troubleshooting:

- make sure the video does not have any non-pure letter characters in it (abcdef, etc and 123), and no spaces
- check to make sure no other video format is needed (ogg and m4a or something similar is needed to have audio play on mobile for example)

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
I am on mobile, but run the help file and go to the video section, you will find info there in what format you must use.

There is also an answer here on the forum of this exact problem.

When i get on my workstation i will help you in detail ;)
[doublepost=1449368337,1449261771][/doublepost]Video Files (Movies)
The file formats that are playable depend on the operating environment, so please prepare the below 2 file formats with the same file name.

• WebM(.webm)
  • MP4 (.mp4 encoded with H.264 codec)
* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the WebM file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.