Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

Hello! I really am tired of seeing that 70% done with account banner, so here I go.

I've been fooling around in RPG maker since I was about 12, however have only completed a couple small projects (before that I went in head first into big ones...not a good idea). My first engine was VX Ace, but I only really use MV these days (at first I didn't notice much of a difference between the two, but now I can't stand using VX Ace).

Right now I'm working on a project I hope to actually do something with other than just share it between myself and a group of friends (ie I'm hoping to give it a real release, maybe itch.io or steam). My biggest goal is making it look not that much like an RPG Maker game (did you know that if you throw in a few graphics plugins and use non default art styles a lot of people can't really tell - of course there is more too it than that in the grand scope of things, though).

I'm using a pixel art style because I wanted custom graphics and Pop! style was the only tileset I could emulate that wasn't kinda ugly (like the modern classic Earthbound/Undertale looking stuff - sorry to people fans of that).

Now I have to learn to make pixel battlers and portraits, which is my true test honestly. I realize I don't really know anything about shading or coloring and I just got away with haphazardly placed lines of color in my painted works. It's sad. Wish me luck lol

Mysiath

the Eternal Lord in the Nothingness
Xy$
Hello there and welcome to the forums! Heh... that 70% is a cruel master.

It's very nice that you've completed projects before even if they were small projects. Completion is an accomplishment.

I wish you the best of luck with your current project and I hope you accomplish great things with it. I also very much hope that you enjoy your stay here!

Lore

Resident Dragon
Welcome to this insanity we like to call the forums! Echoing what @Cnal said, completing even a small game is an accomplishment. :D

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and remember, it is not shameful to ask for help in an area that you may not be proficient in. Use your strengths, identify your weaknesses, and ask for help accordingly. Everyone here is more than happy to help out!

Juneberry

Global Moderator
Xy$
Hi there, @juptersdaughtr. I've already met you happily enough around the site, but getting to properly welcome you makes me happy! Your username will never cease to confuse me though. I just can't type it properly. Because I keep trying to spell out Jupiter and Daughter properly...xD How'd you choose it? I'm curious.

Like you, my first engine was VX Ace, though I didn't actually start until way later than you. I'm hoping to do soemthing similar in regards to doing something with my current project- hopefully we can help each other out a lot! I have no idea if I should make a goal to make it not look like an RPG Maker game or not, since I don't see a problem with them...but we'll see what happens. I hope yours turns out amazing!

I'm horrible with pixel art. Seriously, I've tried plenty- I just...can't shade or do anything that requires visual acuity. And that's with my glasses on! Then again, I'm quasi colorblind and my glasses are super old prescription now. But I've also always been better with sounds than anything else. Dad says that's why I'm so good with words. I think he just wants to make me feel better about lacking visual artistic talent. xD

I wish you more than luck- I wish you great success! Let's both do our best, and maybe even help each other as we can. :) It's been lovely meeting you, by the way. Such a friendly girl. And your help has been really amazing. <3