Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello world, it's Minty!

Major Minty

Villager
Xy$
Hi, I'm Minty! Well, that's what they call me. I'm a YouTube video creator, but I recently got into game developing. So now, besides binge playing FNAF and Bendy and the Ink Machine after midnight, I'm developing my own games with RPG Maker MV!
A little about me. I like it scary or challenging. Or both. Which is why I don't like Cuphead, the new trend. Way too easy. I'm fine if you like it, but please don't push it on me. But did I say scary? That's right. My games have jumpscares. I found a way to use the "show picture" function to create jumpscares by making it come out of nowhere upon a certain collision, and then at the same time play a loud scream!
My first game is called "Shadowstar: Shout of Justice" and it is the first in a trilogy of MLP fangames featuring my OC Shadowstar. The three games are "Shout of Justice", "Wings of Freedom", and "Waves of Joy". Each game has nine relics to collect, and you can use them in battle. It's pretty cool, except there's moving events to avoid. The first game, "Shout of Justice", is based on Cupcakes. I started the old concept as EpicKitty88 on RPG Maker XP, but later I decided it was time to upgrade, so I did MV. Works like a stinkin' charm for me, I love this upgrade! Even better, I made a friend on DeviantArt who does RPG Maker resources, primarily for VX Ace and MV. His username is KillerMareGaming and he has some awesome stuff on his page. If you're in need of MLP:FiM sprites, go check him out, he's really good!
I'll be happy to share the game as it progresses. I'm still familiarizing myself with the forum, so if anyone has pointers, please feel free, just be polite about it!
I should mention before I go. I have PTSD--that stands for post-traumatic stress disorder. I had a very traumatizing experience in 10th grade where I got bullied using God as the bullying device, which I do not approve of as I am Christian. But thankfully nothing REALLY bad should come up here. Heck, some of you may know me from Lunar Flare Studios on YouTube! I'm sure you guys won't cause me any problems, even if we've never met on YouTube.
Also I'm in the running for admin on a Wikia page, so if I get the position there I will be a little busy. I might not come on this forum that much anyway, but I'll be sure to check on my pages at some point, and show you my projects!

Azdak

Villager
Xy$
Sounds interesting, I will look forward to seeing your project, what kind of pictures are you using? Zombies? Kittens? Zombie Kittens?

Major Minty

Villager
Xy$
Sounds interesting, I will look forward to seeing your project, what kind of pictures are you using? Zombies? Kittens? Zombie Kittens?
LOL no, the Shadowstar trilogy is an MLP fangame series. Zombies sounds like a good idea for a part of the trilogy though... and maybe a whole separate game dedicated to zombie kittens.

Lore

Resident Dragon
Welcome to insanity @Major Minty. This is an awesome community, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I promise we don't bite...unless you press the action button. ;)

Azdak

Villager
Xy$
MLP game? As in my liitle pony? A jumpscare game with cute ponies sounds very interesting and very different, the juxtaposition of the two might work extremely well! I would defiantly download and try that game!

Major Minty

Villager
Xy$
Welcome to insanity @Major Minty. This is an awesome community, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I promise we don't bite...unless you press the action button. ;)
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll be sure to post when I can on my games and their progress! I'd also like to see the lovely work the community has done. Maybe I should browse the resources page more often!

Lore

Resident Dragon
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll be sure to post when I can on my games and their progress! I'd also like to see the lovely work the community has done. Maybe I should browse the resources page more often!
No problems Minty. I would also recommend you check out people's blogs here on the forums. Some developers tend to use their blogs to promote their games and game progress.

Major Minty

Villager
Xy$
No problems Minty. I would also recommend you check out people's blogs here on the forums. Some developers tend to use their blogs to promote their games and game progress.
Hmmm... nice tip! I'm a developer too, maybe I'll use my blog for that. ;)