Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello...again

Run

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hi everyone! I'm a script developer returning from an almost 2 years absence.
I thought that was long enough to be posting a new introduction thread, so here it is.

I originally got into RPG Maker 10 or so years ago for fun, always had an interest in game development.
I eventually moved from RPG Maker onto a mix of making my own game engines, and learning to make games with various existing engines and libraries. Still just a hobby, without any real plans to make and release a game.

In recent years, I gradually made games less and less, moving more towards software development as a whole, because I needed the money, and it was easier to find work that way.
During my absence I worked full time as a Javascript developer.
I've learnt a lot about Javascript during that time and making scripts for MV comes much more naturally to me now.

Last time I was here I developed a plugin for awarding players with randomized loot, I updated it just yesterday to allow for randomized amounts of Gold too:
https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/mv-random-loot-awarder.334/

As Deezil907 said:
been a while, but still useful!
and I hope that to be true.

I'm looking to make some new plugins during the next few weeks, I don't have any solid plans for them yet, but I'm thinking of plugins for randomizing certain other aspects of games, as well as maybe some plugins for online gameplay, complete multiplayer would be tougher to offer as a plugin, but perhaps shared-marketplaces/auctions among players, online events, maybe even group bosses, these things should be much more achievable.

I've been out of the loop for awhile so I would love to hear from others about what kind of plugins might be in demand.
And if you need some custom script, hit me up and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks for reading ^-^