Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings All!

What sort of tutorials are you most interested in?

• Mapping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Programming

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Animation

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Eventing

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other in reply

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Troctzul

Troctzul: Father, RPG Maker, Conqueror of Worlds
Xy$
I go by the handle Troctzul on Reddit and various other social media. I recently stumbled upon this site and am looking forward to spending more time posting! I have been working on an MV game called Tamria:

I have also worked on a action script and demo for VX Ace:

Overall I have been using the RPG Maker engine for 20 years (RM95 being my first), but only recently began working on producing full game titles. I classify myself as a jack of all trades because I can do anything from JS/RGSS coding to mapping and music. I am also very interested in forming a legitimate RPGMaker MV team for production on the Guelstie Project!

Glad to meet you all!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @Troctzul , and welcome to the forum. We do have quite a bit of tutorials, and having even more would help even more. Looking forward to seeing you around the community.

Troctzul

Xy$
Thank you @CT_Bolt I used to be bigger in the scene 10 years ago with RM2k3(One of my favorites) and XP, but it became more of just a hobby as I got older. Many friends and family told me to make a new career out it, so this year I am getting serious! (hella)(thumbsup)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello and welcome to the site! Might I ask how you stumbled upon it? It always helps me figure out what efforts are best used in when advertising the site :D Great work you have displayed, and I voted for animations :) I hope you enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing you around!

Troctzul

Xy$
Hello and welcome to the site! Might I ask how you stumbled upon it? It always helps me figure out what efforts are best used in when advertising the site :D Great work you have displayed, and I voted for animations :) I hope you enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing you around!
Thank you @Xyphien! I actually found you guys through the /rpgmaker subreddit.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Thank you @Xyphien! I actually found you guys through the /rpgmaker subreddit.
Awesome :) Glad to hear it's from other sources across the web. Have you heard of Voat? It's an alternative to Reddit. I actually just made a post about it in the off topic section of the forum. Have a good day :)

Troctzul

Xy$
Awesome :) Glad to hear it's from other sources across the web. Have you heard of Voat? It's an alternative to Reddit. I actually just made a post about it in the off topic section of the forum. Have a good day :)
Yes actually, you can find my profile with the same name there as well :)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Hey there @Troctzul glad to see you introduced yourself, you have a good looking game in the making there, do you plan on converting to MV or will you be sticking with Ace? Either way I look forward to seeing your progression and any creations you may want to share with us. Take care.

Troctzul

Xy$
Hey there @Troctzul glad to see you introduced yourself, you have a good looking game in the making there, do you plan on converting to MV or will you be sticking with Ace? Either way I look forward to seeing your progression and any creations you may want to share with us. Take care.
Tamria is actually an MV game. The action script was something I used to work with back on XP and updated for VX Ace. (Although it is still mainly just a port.) I am highly interested in redesigning the code for MV, as the VX Ace script would be impossible to port to JS. If I only had more time...

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Tamria is actually an MV game.
Ah okay excellent, I think the color of your window skin lead me to believe it was in Ace, I took a second look and noticed tile size and actor faces, it's definitely MV. It seems you have quite a bit done already, it makes me feel like a slow developer seeing all these other projects with so much completed.
I am highly interested in redesigning the code for MV, as the VX Ace script would be impossible to port to JS. If I only had more time...
This is my problem with programming right now, considering I still consider myself a newbie, finding the time to learn, and program as well as develop my own game, it can all feel so overwhelming, so I know the feeling.

Troctzul

Xy$
This is my problem with programming right now, considering I still consider myself a newbie, finding the time to learn, and program as well as develop my own game, it can all feel so overwhelming, so I know the feeling.
I'm no newbie to coding, but the time is the most taxing... I have a full time job and 2 kids, so it is difficult to balance all of that.