Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glowing Mirrors

Glowing Mirrors

No permission to download

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
CT_Bolt submitted a new resource:

Glowing Mirrors - Glowing Mirror RTP Edits

Glowing mirrors! (jolly) I present glowing mirrors... a lot of them. (cute)

View attachment 2347

Terms of Use:

1. Feel free to use in Commercial or Non-Commercial games.
  2. You may edit this if you like; Please let me know and post your edit here.
  3. Please do not re-post this anywhere else, link back instead.
  4. Please notify me & credit CT_Bolt if used.
  5. Must also credit KADOKAWA
Read more about this resource...

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Oh man, I'ma definitely have to use these for a pyro and Hydras spirit in my game xD. Gotta love hidden events haha. Definitely look good.

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
CT_Bolt updated Glowing Mirrors with a new update entry:

More options for $GlowingMirror7

Just updated the file with a couple other fixes & more options for "$GlowingMirror7_A.png" & added "$GlowingMirror7_B.png"
Please re-download zip file & overwrite existing. (hella)

Made new preview also. (glad)
Read the rest of this update entry...
[doublepost=1456151813,1456151730][/doublepost]Thanks everyone for all the replies! I'm really glad you guys enjoy them. (hella)

be careful of your sprite placement - the gif shows that the blue one moves around slightly.
Yeah honestly that was just me being lazy when making that ".gif" file. lol The real ones don't move at all. (jolly)

Small update:
Just updated the file with a couple other fixes & more options for "$GlowingMirror7_A.png" & added "$GlowingMirror7_B.png"
Please re-download zip file & overwrite existing. (hella)

Made new preview also. (glad)

MugenDraco

Villager
Xy$
I'm new to RPG Maker MV. How do you make these work? I've been Googling autotiles, animations, and events, but can't find any way to use all 3 pics of any one mirror to animate it.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I'm new to RPG Maker MV. How do you make these work? I've been Googling autotiles, animations, and events, but can't find any way to use all 3 pics of any one mirror to animate it.
I think for these you just put them as the event's image and turn on stepping and direction fix to make them glow. It's not like my glowing walls where you have to use self switches lol. On those you had to have 3 event pages with page 2 and 3 requiring self switch a and b. It would be parallel process on all three pages with a wait 10 frames then turn on the next switch in the sequence with the last page turning them off. I'm pretty sure these aren't the complex style like that lol (even though that way would work too). This one should be possible with stepping/direction fix turned on only. xD hope that helps!

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
@MugenDraco ...

These are to be used in the same way as NPC's (Non-Playing Characters...); the file(s...) you choose to use should be placed in the Project's Img/Characters folder. On a Map, create a new Event, set the Options to 'Stepping' and de-select 'Walking'. Double-click the Image box to choose a Graphic to use, and select, from a 'Glowing Mirrors' file, any middle one that pleases you. The sprites to the right and left are the ones that will give the glowing effect, because the System thinks that, as the Event is Stepping, those horizontal sprites need to cycle through. Choose the Speed and Frequency which give the best result for your needs and... Well, nothing more, really; that's it..!
Hope this helps.