Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Music

Lore

Resident Dragon
Hey folks,

When searching for, or creating, your game music, what do you use to achieve it?

For instance, do you go to a site that has many free tracks? Or, if you create your own, what program/s do you use?

I'm just curious as to see how everyone comes up with their music choices.

I often use royality free websites such as incompetech etc. Sometimes i ask friends if they could do me some. Here on this forum are many people who create awesome music. Some will create you a track for free or you have to pay something.

SalmonWine

Lord of Memes
Xy$
The website " BeepBox " is an incredibly faithful emulator of the NES soundchip, so I usually use that for creating my own tunes.

If Im going to find music, my go-to is the Newgrounds Audio Portal. Just drop a message to those creators of awesome songs, 90% of them are happy to let you use their music in free projects, and at least half are fine with commercial projects!

curryisnice

Towns Guard
Xy$
I personally use Logic Pro X to make my music, however I have also used free software like FamiTracker which is pretty cool for 8-bit stuff