Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Design Uniting Global Communities

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One thing I love about being part of game design teams is that you can meet a diversity of people, coming from different cultures and traditions. People coming from a variety of belief systems adds a precious richness to the total story line of a long project. There are also a large variety of art styles that are available from different parts of the world. In one project, I worked on, I had writers from almost all continents, in the world, except Antarctica. I asked them to write stories about fairies. It was amazing on how there are so many non-Tinkerbell aspects of fairies around the world, some were actually horrifying. Musicians and composers, from around the world, can also give us the different flavors of sound combinations. It is awesome when a group of people, from different parts of the world, get together, and work on a project.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
I agree. :)

It's great that we can get so many different perspectives when we discuss game making, since we have people from all over in communities like this. Everyone has their own opinion on what designs/mechanics/etc. make a great game, so it's wonderful to have that input available. That's why I'm thankful that communities like this are around ^^