Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Francelette's Story" (First Demo)

"Francelette's Story" (First Demo) 1.0.0

No permission to download
Francelette101 submitted a new resource:

"Francelette's Story" (First Demo) - A demo of our game "Francelette's Story"

This is the first demo of a game a group and I are making with RPG Maker MV. It's Francelette's Story. Here is a summary

"It was just a normal day in the Kindness Planet, until the unthinkable happened. My sister was lured away from me and I almost taught I would never see her again, then a miracle. I saw her 7 years later. Then when I taught it was over, the evil came back and this time, it killed her, but was she more than just my human sister?" (Remake for RPG Maker MV )
Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

SlySly

Villager
Xy$
It is really good so far! There is a glitch with the player walking. You might want to check that... But otherwise, pretty smooth

Cosmette

Villager
Xy$
This game seriously needs a ton of work on it.

The spritesheet is made incorrectly, so character sprites wobble back and forth when walking. In the opening you can see a quarter of Francelette's sprite right next to her.
Events are broken. For example, in the intro the Francelette sprite in the bottom left still appears after the screen has faded out from black, repeatedly talking to NPCs who give you items will result in them repeatedly giving you the item with no limit, and after leaving the hotel you get plonked right in the middle of nowhere with no indication of which building was the hotel.
There are many, many tile errors; using roof tiles as walls for houses, random tree tiles cutting off, doors opening to see grass tiles below it, etc.
The player sprites look absolutely nothing like the NPC sprites. Pasting the heads of character creator sprites onto lower resolution sprites does not look good at all.
Your maps are wide open and completely bare, the most blatant example is the overworld, which has a ridiculous amount of plain grass tiles.
You need to enlarge your text, because the font size is tiny while the text boxes are huge, so there is a lot of useless empty space.
The HUD gets in the way of the map, so I have no idea what anything in the top right corner is.
Your maps look very dead. Everyone is facing the same direction, there are very few decorations, and nobody moves except you. Adding on to that, there is no indication of what anything is. How am I supposed to know which building is the five floor expansive hotel if it looks like every other building?

I'm sure this could be a good game, but it needs a LOT of polish.

@Cosmette Thanks for pointing that out. Im still learning how to map stuff. This is going to be the only demo for a while. I can no longer fix the game because the file crashed on me, but I am working on the game. Im working as hard as I can , but with my school schedule during development, that was the best I could do, but ill keep everything in mind f or the next game. Thanks