Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Untitled.png
If you wish to keep up with all of the Forum Updates, Events, Announcements, and more via Notification and or Email click the "Watch Thread" button displayed in the image above. Doing so will alert you when there has been any changes to the forums that you may, or may not want to know about!

This section is locked to only staff members, and will ONLY be updated to include Updates, Events, and important information about the site. As well as a weekly update that will come out once a week!

You won't be able to post on this, but you can show your support by rating the posts with the appropriate response :)

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
A few huge updates have just happened on the forums! If you now notice in the top of the forum, you will see yet another tab in the navigation tab! We now have individual, and member eligible blogs! You can update your own personal blog, or keep updates on your game, blog pages, etc. for anything you want from resources, games, to your very own personal blog talking about personal things!

We also have a brand new Moderator in Training (MIT) @Amysaurus you voted for her, and she has now been bumped to her new title of Mod in Training. After a while, once she gets the hang of things she will be promoted to Moderator :D

We also have a new logo! Once again, you voted for it, and we have listened. The new logo is now up and running on all pages of the site! We will get more into this later in the day when I get off of work!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Great news everyone! I've added a bunch of new badges to the forum! I've finally added 250, 500, and 750 post badges and changed the 1,000 post badge completely! I've also thrown in a 1,000 like badge as well as a Gifter Badge for anyone who donates anything to us (From money, to games/gift cards, etc. for events and other stuff!)

Plot & Theory has been changed to Theory & Development to allow more conversations to the section. Here is an exact quote from @LTN Games who has come up with the idea:

So instead of Plot & Theory how about Theory and Development - A forum where you can get feedback ideas on the plot of your story, and idea you have for a battle system. A place to ask about specific things about your game in development but you don't want to bring in the entire idea of your game. So that would include music, battle systems, stories etc. So for example I want to ask someone what style of music would be good with my genre of game, then I would head over to Theory & Development and ask. Same goes with battle systems, I want to know the best elements to include in my game or I just need general ideas for a battle system, then this category is for you. lol sounds like im trying to sell this category eh hahahah.
I will think of more as I go through the list today and shoot off my ideas.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
  • Look into getting Sub Forums visible on main index
  • Make lvl 10+ & VIP able to customize their profile background

Please check out my profile: http://www.rpgmakermv.co/members/xyphien.1/ and look in awe at the amazingness you see XD

Alright, so... if you cannot tell... WE NOW HAVE CUSTOMIZABLE PROFILES! This is available to ALL VIP members. VIP members include, Sponsors, Partners, Graphics Team, Support Team, Moderators, Moderators in Training, and Administrators. As well as ALL level 10+ members! Once you're level 10 you will automagically be able to use the customizable backgrounds :) It's amazing, and I'm very proud to bring this to the forums! (I'm currently adding the VIP members to be able to do this. I have to go to sleep, and will work on this tomorrow. As of now, it's only Level 10+)

I've also added sub-forums to be easily visable on the main page. (This is currently only for the Dark Theme. I'm still working on the Light theme, but I HAVE to go to bed... Only getting 4 hours of sleep tonight as it is)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
With our new mascot we've changed the forums up a bit, and have even better stuff planned as well! Keep an eye out for two new themes heading your way! A dark Christmas theme, and a Light Winter theme! Coming soon, to a computer near you!

We've changed up some things by adding a mascot to it. We now have new node icons (New posts, Old posts, etc.) Featuring the mascot. Our banner/logo now has MV-Tan (The new Mascot) displayed showing her mighty sword! Once again, thanks to @Lulu for making the mascot. She is also fixing up the original picture of the mascot, adding some finishing touches, and more! So, keep an eye on that as well :)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
We now have a new domain! http://www.rmmv.co will now redirect you to RMMV's forums :) Allowing us to now shorten the word to rmmv.co when we talk about the rmmv community :)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
The Christmas, and Winter Wonderland themes have been released! We also hit 1,000 topics!!! This is absolutely amazing!

upload_2015-11-27_16-15-7.png

upload_2015-11-27_16-15-37.png

These are the two themes we currently have available outside of the normal themes that will remain. These themes are here for a limited time, so make sure to use them while you can, and receive some rewards for doing so!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Today marks the second month of RMMV.co being up and running! Wooh, we've been open for 2 months and have almost 11k posts, 1k topics, and 1k members. That is an amazing feat! You all are awesome, and keep being awesome <3

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Thank you to EVERYONE who has donated either by purchasing our perks (Sponsors/Partners) as well as donating via our donation page! You all are absolutely amazing! We have now upgraded our site for a whole year of UNLIMITED storage, as well as data, bandwidth, emails, and more! With your help we were able to upgrade the site to the plan we needed to continue this site. Once again, thank you everyone for being awesome!

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
On Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 we will have a downtime for around 90 minutes starting around 1:45AM PST - 5:00AM PST. The server we are on will be doing some maintenance and the server needs to be shut down for the duration of that time. We could experience downtime lasting up to 3 hours.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Profile Completion Steps added to the forums.

Hello everyone! We have had some people discuss giving people more interest in making an introduction, and convencing them to be more active on the forums. Well, I'm here today to tell you we've added a new addition to the forums called Account Completion Steps. When you first join the forums you will be prompted with some steps you can do. Once you get 100% it will all go away, and you will get a notification. These steps include making an Introduction (Which gives you 30%), making a topic in MV Talk and in the Development showroom, as well as some other things.

Having all of this will hopefully increase accounts with Avatars, Signatures, more information, as well as have more posts as it gives members links to the account introduction section, as well as MV Talk and the showroom.

upload_2015-12-14_6-51-20.png

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
We have a new major rule in the Resource section. Please make sure you're aware of all the rules in the forum. The latest rule change is as followed:

When uploading a resource you MUST Have at least 1 picture displaying your resource. Resources without a picture will be removed until you add a picture preview to the post itself. This does NOT count towards your resource icon image.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
http://www.rpgmakermv.co/threads/apply-to-be-apart-of-the-resource-team.779/
We will now be accepting writers into the Resource Team.

Writers will be able to:

- Write/story prompts members can use as inspiration.
- Some general character profiles members can use/tweak for their projects.
- Some general plot/storylines members can use/tweak for their projects.
- Some brief guides/explanations on topics such as world-building, character development, writing cutscenes, etc. (LordSquirrel's guides are a good example of what I mean.)
- Create various quests from larger quests, to the common filler quests.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello everyone, I'm terribly sorry for my inactiveness the past few days. I've had a LOT going on, as well as being sick and had absolutely no time to be able to check the forums or any free time what so ever for that matter. I'll hopefully be able to come on after work today and do everything that needs to be done here. Reply to the Applications for the RT (I haven't forgotten about y'all), change the sparkling names, fix the sparkling banners (Or at least try), and anything else that needs to be done. Sorry once again, I'm about halfway mark (Hopefully) on this deployment, so I'll be home soon enough and will be able to do a LOT more stuff that I want to do, as well as have less stuff in the way of working on the forums.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Welcome @Cate ! Our latest RT Staff Member! Who is also our first ever Writing RT Leader (As well as member!) This means all future applications will be going to her instead on myself. Everyone give a warm welcome, and congratulate her on the amazing achievement!

Status
Not open for further replies.