Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formation Locations

WeltallX

Villager
Xy$
Hey guys,
I've been beating my head against an increasingly bloody wall for the last few days working on scripting this.

What I need is the following:

1: Arrange actors in a specific grid - achieved this with changing the default max battlers to 7 and updated the SVActorPosition.js to include all 7 actors then assigned new x-y coordinates.

upload_2017-1-12_15-10-43.png

2: I need to apply a specific state to my middle row as well as my back row. Tried configuring Yanfly's row plugin to help with that but I end up with two problems.
First, I want the player to utilize the formation menu to shuffle the actors between the spots laid out in the first point - so no option to put all characters in the front, mid, or back row.
Second, I need to set up a variable that houses which character is where for battle swapping purposes. I only want the pairs (front to back) in the front and middle rows to be able to swap. So no vertical movement in battle. IF swapped, the state from the middle needs to be dropped as he moves to the front and vice versa from the back (thinking I could use HimeWorks' plugins to achieve the state swapping). The variables will be used for much much more as I want the actions taken by the middle row to only apply effects / buffs to their front row partner.

I'm really new to Javascript but am catching on at a steady pace. The problem to me is finding where to get specific data from the engine... Could someone help me with this please? This is a small portion of the battle system I'm trying to achieve but it is critical to my project.