Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First map and mechanics

samorious

Towns Guard
Well that actually looks pretty good, the only suggestion I have is using a sort of top wall tile instead of black nothing. Personally I think it would make a more polished look. It would be more atractive for the player.

The way it changes opacity when the player enters a room is very interesting though. Is it event to change the opacity when in that room? Just wondering XD. If you don't mind I might also use that technique in my own projects.

Huh, how did you create that effect with your windows? It is very neat. I can create a static version (windows are already open and sunlight is coming through, but how did you make it work with opening windows?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Looks good, I do agree with samorious, that the black tile is a bit strange to see I would like to see what it would look like if it matched the walls. Also maybe using an actual door for your bedroom?, or maybe just a picture of a door frame, I think that will help it stand out much more. It still looks good, I really like your fade effecct and in the end it all depends on the style of your game.

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
An easier (and much more tedious) way of doing the opacity fade effect on the walls is to fully plan out the design of your map, then screen pic it and rip it apart via photoshop/paint and save that entire wall as a single character sprite.

You could at that point, just set the BG floor tiles down and use some for blocking collision. It might reduce any lag you get from all the events constantly changing their opacity every time you pass through it.