Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Please take the time to read these before posting a question on the forums.
New
Red for Administrators (Xyphien, sage)
Blue for Moderators (LTN Games and I)
Purple for Support Team, Graphics Team (eivl, PandaMaru)

Green for Partners, Resource Team (Kaimen, Iron Croc, et al.)
Gold for Sponsors

Under Preferences there are these options:

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
and receive email notifications of replies
Thanks to @Tsukihime for the answer.

Badges get updated once every hour, so if you are trying to get your style badge *Light or Dark* you must be logged into that style for longer than an hour. If you have gotten another badge for Likes, Posts, Resources, etc. You might have to wait for an hour until the Badge process is ran.

This badge was/is given to users who have been active prior to 10/23/2015. This is a special reward for the early users. If you have joined past 10/23/2015, I'm sorry, but you will never have this amazing badge.

Simply add
Code:
[plain][/plain]
to your text. So for example, you're typing
Go to your file destination which should be C=/\Banana\cookiemonster\Xyphien-is-awesome.png and that's where your image is. Notice how the destination file got interrupted by the smiley. Adding the same thing with the plain around it will show: C:\\Banana\cookiemonster\Xyphien-is-awesome.png This looks like this
Code:
[plain]C:\\Banana\cookiemonster\Xyphien-is-awesome.png[/plain]

During install be sure to select the correct language most familiar to you.
View attachment 270
Plugins work a bit differently than previous RM versions. You have to copy the Javascript file into your plugins folder, then activate them in MV editor. For a tutorial check out "How To Install Plugins".

There is no resource manager for MV you have to manually copy assets in your game project folder. (Game > Open Folder)
View attachment 269

MV comes pre-loaded with all of the default resources, so there is no longer a separate RTP download.

• Open up Finder.
    • Press Command+Shift+G, then enter this into the menu that pops up: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/RPG Maker MV/RPG Maker MV.app/Contents/MacOS/Generator/
    • Press "Go", and you should end up in the right spot!

zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif
psd
tif
js
ogg
wmv
mp4
ogg
webm
flv
mpg

Last edited:

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Please take the time to read these before posting a question on the forums.​

• How do I disable email alerts?
Under Preferences there are these options:
  • Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies
Thanks to @Tsukihime for the answer.

• I didn't get my badge? / Badges are not working?!
Badges get updated once every hour, so if you are trying to get your style badge *Light or Dark* you must be logged into that style for longer than an hour. If you have gotten another badge for Likes, Posts, Resources, etc. You might have to wait for an hour until the Badge process is ran.

• How do I get the First Come, First Served. Badge?
This badge was/is given to users who have been active prior to 10/23/2015. This is a special reward for the early users. If you have joined past 10/23/2015, I'm sorry, but you will never have this amazing badge.

More Coming Soon.
Thanks for the FAQ, Xyphien! We needed this!

Kotori

Towns Guard
Xy$
I still get email alerts even though I disabled them :3 Not that it's inconvenient, it's just funny that I tried to disable it but it still sends me mails~ xD

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I still get email alerts even though I disabled them :3 Not that it's inconvenient, it's just funny that I tried to disable it but it still sends me mails~ xD
You're going to need to go to the posts that still email you, and more than likely unsubscribe from them. Try that out and let me know if it fixes it for you.

Kotori

Towns Guard
Xy$
You're going to need to go to the posts that still email you, and more than likely unsubscribe from them. Try that out and let me know if it fixes it for you.
Okie dokie~ I shall try it then report back~ ^~^

Edit:
Yup it worls now~

Last edited:

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Hahaha, my notifications stopped telling me things but my email inbox had 50 or so new email, hahaha I don't mind.

I like this place and seeing all the new jazz.