Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fanmade Mario game: Toad Lord

Squarkz

Villager
Xy$
Hello guys,
While I have problems to get sprites for my first guy maybe I can work in the meantime at another game.

THE TOAD LORD!!!
The idea of the game is to center about Toad.
The first thing in the game will be a happy Toad, getting out of bed. Watch through the window to see what a beautifull day it is. He goes outside and hears a scream. He goes to the other map and sees that Toadette is under attack by a Goomba. Unable to do anything in a battle Toadette says that he needs to find Mario. When Toad searched for Mario he couldn't find him because he was on a quest to save the kidnapped Princess Peach from Bowser. Toad went looking in his house and found a cape with a star on. With this cape he was able to give commands to the Goomba and used him as a minion, just like Bowser does.
Unaware what Toad has done, the contact room in Bowser noticed that they lost connection with the Infiltrator Goomba and said to Bowser. Bowser sents more and more minions, each time defeated by Toad. When Toad realizes his power, he raided to the Castle of Bowser to take over his Kingdom and stop the madness. But there was more going on....Some dark powers were forging inside the castle.
The Gameplay will mainly be based on protecting the Toad Lord from other minions with minions. Toad will be unable to fight and deal any damage but he will be in the fight. You will have 3 other minions to defend and heal the Toad Lord. If he is defeated, the game is over.
So I want to ask you guys if this has some potential and if someone could help me to get the sprites for this game :p

Thank you for your attention!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a good fan-based game. If your concern is the images for the made characters, you can work on the game, and use place holders until you find some that fit your needs.

Squarkz

Villager
Xy$
Thank you for your response :p It's been a while and I think I'm going to start making the game when my exams are over. I only need to find the right tiles and the right images but like you said, I could use some replacements