Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake 3D RPG maker scripts?

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Hey^^
I was wondering if you ever heard about mode7 or hmode7. For those who might not know it's some kind of "fake 3d" script for xp, ace, 2k3, etc. (The "h" stands for height, I think)

There are also first person labyrinth exploring scripts (something like in Etrian Odyssey).

And there is a RPG Paper Maker by Wanoklox.

http://www.guelnika.net/news/faire-son-propre-jeu-de-ra-le-en-3d-rpg-paper-maker

What do you think of fake 3d scripts in rpg maker ? Would you like something like these scripts for mv too? Where are rpg makers limits ? I personally never usedany of them but I think it's very interesting and wanna hear what you think about it :)

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I never cared for the skewed look myself that mode7 used. I try not to let my games rely on a gimmick (when I saw gimmick, I mean a visually powered script that screams "yep, I'm using X person's script") scripts though. It doesn't really add a whole lot to me since it reduces the field of view.

It worked pretty nice in Fzero though!