Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Events Touching Trigger

Events Touching Trigger 1.0

No permission to download

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
CT_Bolt submitted a new resource:

Events Touching Trigger - Setup parameters for when events touch each other to run common events. ☺

Ever wanted events to "touch" each other, well now you can! (cheeky)

Couldn't really find a way to do this in RMMV so I decided to write a plugin. This is still a very crude way of doing this but it's functional and seems to work well so far. (smile)

This my first real attempt at writing a plugin. (cute)
Please let me know what you think, I'm open to suggestions. (cool)

How to use:
Setup the parameters for when events touch each other to run common events.

Example:
Event...
Read more about this resource...

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Awesome! I've been waiting for things like this so I can bring some life into the wandering NPCs and maybe have them chat with each other and such xP. It also opens some potential to teleporting NPC's to another map and such as well, maybe heh. But it will certainly work for an idea I've got involving a carriage that will roam through the pathway of a forest, then teleport back to the beginning to appear like another one. (Sorta like trading caravans) This will work perfect for that xP. Thanks! I'll let you know if I come up with a suggestion that could improve it as well.

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
Good idea for a first-time Plugin, it's definitely something people would want.

I disagree with how you built the API. The Plugin parameters are great, but they aren't extensible and very quickly people will have to write a Plugin to modify yours to add additional parameters.

I think you should move the API responsibility to the events themselves by making an event page dedicated to event interaction behaviours that contains the interaction details as part of the comment.

So with this, during initialisation if an event has the event_touching_trigger note (the information you need can be found with $dataMap.events[this._eventId]).

Do you mind if I copy your idea and re-implement it in the way I proposed or would you like to have an attempt at implementing it yourself (if you're interested)?

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I disagree with how you built the API. The Plugin parameters are great, but they aren't extensible and very quickly people will have to write a Plugin to modify yours to add additional parameters.

I think you should move the API responsibility to the events themselves by making an event page dedicated to event interaction behaviours that contains the interaction details as part of the comment.
So with this, during initialization if an event has the event_touching_trigger note (the information you need can be found with $dataMap.events[this._eventId]).

Do you mind if I copy your idea and re-implement it in the way I proposed or would you like to have an attempt at implementing it yourself (if you're interested)?
I actually agree completely! (jolly) I just couldn't quite get it that way. (trying)(perplexed)(cat)
I was really hoping someone would take this to the next level! (hella)(thumbsup)
I don't mind at all, please do! (icecream)
I may dabble a little bit more but would love for you to create a plugin also. (glad)

Thanks for helping achieve this! (right)(thumbsup)

Last edited:
Hey, I've been using this and it seems as if the common events just keep repeating over and over. Such as, if I wanted a text box to appear, it would appear over and over endlessly despite clicking "ok" to end it. I've tried it also with a "transport player" command and it will transport the player to the same place twice. Is there a fix to this?