Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eventing Question

Lark Monster

Towns Guard
Xy$
So I made this example picture with the characters to show you a bit of an idea of what I want.

Basically I want my character to be walking around (the blonde in this example) and Followers will be turned off, so it's just her walking on the map. When she interacts with certain events, I'd like for the other party members to appear (basically to start on the tile she is on, and walk out to a tile beside her) and then once the event is finished, to have them walk back to that same tile and disappear. I've seen it in games before, but I am unsure of how to actually make it work.

For this example, I want the main character (the blonde) to approach the chicken. When she gets to the tile where she in the picture, I want the other party members to walk out and stand beside her, and to have them as events as well so they can move, etc.
chickenhelp.png

Thank you in advance for any help, I've been stuck on this for hours and I can't seem to wrap my head around it. ><

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I've made a demo of one way to do this...
Followers Appear - Demo: Click Here to View

I'm still playing around with this idea though. I'm sure there are other ways. (wink)
My gathering followers method doesn't seem to work exactly as I planned. (perplexed)

Let me know if that is what you had in mind & if this helps you. (cool)

Lark Monster

Towns Guard
Xy$
I've made a demo of one way to do this...
Followers Appear - Demo: Click Here to View

I'm still playing around with this idea though. I'm sure there are other ways. (wink)
My gathering followers method doesn't seem to work exactly as I planned. (perplexed)

Let me know if that is what you had in mind & if this helps you. (cool)
Oooh thank you! This is what I was trying to do! I am just learning how to do the switches and variables stuff...different things on different pages still confuse me. Thank you so much for this demo! I have a much better understanding of it now. (jolly)(jolly)

Edit: As for the Follow Gatherers part, it is a bit weird and depending on where they wandered off to they don't 'follow' properly. But that's okay as I'm going to have them go through a set movement pattern before they 'follow'. Thank you again!!

Last edited:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Lark Monster, post: 43196, member: 18346"]Oooh thank you! This is what I was trying to do! I am just learning how to do the switches and variables stuff...different things on different pages still confuse me. Thank you so much for this demo! I have a much better understanding of it now. (jolly)(jolly)
No problem, Glad I could help out. ☺

Edit: As for the Follow Gatherers part, it is a bit weird and depending on where they wandered off to they don't 'follow' properly. But that's okay as I'm going to have them go through a set movement pattern before they 'follow'. Thank you again!!
Yeah that was the issue I ran into.
I'm could most likely script something to suit better for this, but that is what I came up with so far from eventing...

I'm still toying around with this.