Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Eventing] Player Touch plus Event Touch?

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
I would like a battle to start when the player touches an event OR the event touches the player. It's easy to get it to start when the player touches the event, but so far I haven't been able to make it work the other way around. I know I used to do this in Ace, but I'm stuck for some reason. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks... I know this is probably super easy. Ugh.

Akod

Praised Adventurer
My guess is you're setting the event to trigger on Player Touch, instead try setting it to Event Touch.

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
I had tried that many times before and I was going to post that without trying again, but I set it to Event Touch and it worked. one thing I did differently is i started a new game instead of playing off a saved game. Is there any chance that an event's touch settings are somehow saved into the save game file? i'd literally tried every possible combination of Player/Event Touch and priority.

regardless -- it worked, thank you!

Akod

Praised Adventurer
It's very possible. It's always good to start a new game after editing your project, as many things do not change once loaded into a save. My guess as to why it wasn't changing is you were loading on the same map that the event was on, so it was not loading the events new settings, but rather going off those that were saved into the maps temporary memory.

Glad I was able to help. =)

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
It's very possible. It's always good to start a new game after editing your project, as many things do not change once loaded into a save. My guess as to why it wasn't changing is you were loading on the same map that the event was on, so it was not loading the events new settings, but rather going off those that were saved into the maps temporary memory.

Glad I was able to help. =)
it was the same map, so that's probably it. really appreciate your help -- it was driving me up a wall. i owe you one -- let me know if there's a tileset theme you're interested in and i'll see what i can do : )