Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event Movement & Actions? [RMMV]

Mr. Open

Villager
Xy$
Hello! It's me, yet again with another problem! (I think it's not the thing I should brag about.. (facepalm))

I was thinking about making an event, where an NPC moves towards my player and starts a necessary dialogue. However when I set the Autonomous Movement of my NPC to "Approach" the NPC starts the dialogue before approaching the main character, which causes him to stop. After the dialogue is done NPC is approaching my character. My question is: is there a way to make the event (dialogue) start after npc ends walking other than adding "Wait ..." in my Contents box?
Every help will be appreciated! (heart)

Again, sorry for any grammar mistakes and typos, English is the 3rd language I'm learning and I find it pretty difficult.. (jolly)

Mr. Open

Villager
Xy$
Made a small demo for you.

Demo: Click Here to View

Is this what you need?
Okay, I figured out what my mistake was, I didn't change the trigger (RIP my brain cells). Demo just confirms that it was necessary to change, my bad! Can you tell me one additional thing related to it? Can the event cause the player character to stop moving while NPC is moving towards him? I was thinking about one of the dialogues that happen upon entering a map, where a random NPC approaches the character and the character is not moving.
By the way it seems you help me really often, huge thanks!

Mr. Open

Villager
Xy$
Okay, now I have everything working juuuust fine~
I had some smaller problems with QMovement script, but I slightly changed the size of the character in this script and it's perfect. Your tutorials were also a huge help, I really appreciate that!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Okay, now I have everything working juuuust fine~
I had some smaller problems with QMovement script, but I slightly changed the size of the character in this script and it's perfect. Your tutorials were also a huge help, I really appreciate that!
Glad to hear it! No problem.
If you need anything else, I'll be here. (cool)(thumbsup)