Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Encounter rate 100!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzt

Towns Guard
Tried it...almost feels like when only got unlucky you get a battle encounter :3

What do you guys/gals think of setting the map encounter to 100?
:D

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It should be still dependent on steps per encounter (Enc. Steps) average. The encounter rate variable just looks at how much weight a particular enemy group has compared to others.

If an enemy group has a weight of 1, and there no other enemy groups, it is still get chosen 100% of the time.

Last edited:

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
On the average, the character would have take 100 steps to have an enemy encounter. The player, depending on the size of the map, and how well it was 'walked', may not encounter any enemies at all that were set this way. If it was a single lane, 1 tile high path, and 25 tiles wide, one could go back and forth twice (25 X 4) and have a chance of no or maybe one encounter.

Myzt

Towns Guard
Atm, I want atleast 1-4(max) encounters in 1 map of size 60x42 to atleast be player friendly at the start of the game demo :D

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If there is a moderate amount of exploration space, that Encounter Steps of 100, might actually do that. If there is a lot of exploration space, you may want to tweak it up even higher.

Myzt

Towns Guard
@Neotheny well I plan to use both actually but..I have different plans in onmap-visible enemies . (Concept taken from other past games...I know someone applied this b4 in MV so credits to him too)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I am closing this topic due to being solved if for any reason you would like it re-opened please report the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.