Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Editor] RPG maker MV stopped working

Unlimion

Villager
Xy$
Hello community. As always, you are my last hope. =\
I've already posted a thread on steam, but nobody answered.

I was quite impressed when I saw RPGMMV finally ready to release. But as long as I start to work and renew my old project (from VX version, which I foung slightly disturbing cause I need to literally re-make my work from zero) I found a bug. Now my program is not running and texting back a launch error.

Here is my guide to reproduce it.

1) Both versions of MV and VX opened. (two monitors)
2) Photoshop is opened
3) I've edited an autotile in the photoshop, saved it and tried to update my database in MV (by clicking on tileset database after the saving and switched 'area type'/'field type' in zone mode.)
4) For some reason after some tile updates and zone mode changes MV has crashed and stopped working.

- I've got zero tilesets in my project except edited one.
- I've got no scripts running.

The bug is in the tiles database update function. While it was able to do with one click in VX in resource manager, I didn't know how to handle it in MV (guess it's working automatically).

Today I was hoping that new update would fix the crash. But I was too positive for that.
Update didn't fix anything, placing opengl32.dll into the RPGMMV folder didn't help, re-installing programm didn't help.
VX version works fine.

Any suggestions what to do next? =\

Win7 x64
I5 3.1Ghz
8GB Ram
AMD radeon R7 512mb

I can actually continue to work in VX, but.... I still have hope.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Do this happen when you have ace, mv and Photoshop open? And if you close one software it does not happen?

Unlimion

Villager
Xy$
Do this happen when you have ace, mv and Photoshop open? And if you close one software it does not happen?
Doesn't matter.
Happens all the time from the moment I have tried to update the animated tiles.

Have tried to re-make the bug in VX.
Due to resource importer, previous RPGmaker works pretty fine. I easily delete, re-paint and update all the tiles I want.

Guess I will continue to work with previous version till this bug would be fixed. =\

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Have you installed any 3rd party bugfix plugins?
I am thinking it is memory related. can you reproduce the error, pack the project and send it to me?

Unlimion

Villager
Xy$
Have you installed any 3rd party bugfix plugins?
No plugins are installed. No scripts. I've tried to add a 'opengl32.dll' but it didn't help.
Pure and clean program. 40-45 minutes after install. I've even tried to reinstall it.

I am thinking it is memory related. can you reproduce the error, pack the project and send it to me?
Mate, as I has already described, programm can't be launched. I have a 'RPGmaker has stopped running' right after the start.
I can't reproduce the error, but, however, I tried to do so in older version.
Nothing, works perfectly.

100% its connected to the tilebase and resource updating scheme. I'm sure.

Unlimion

Villager
Xy$
I have not understood you, is the problem that you are not able to start the program?
Yes. I can't run the program.
But I suggest that problem is in the project database update function, because I was editing and updating tiles with copy-paste and changing zone mode before the problem has appeared.

If yes, send me an crash rapport, event logs from the errors regarding RPG Maker and a DXDiag of your system please.
How can I get the event log of the error? Is there any crash dump in the local RPGmaker directory?

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
event viewer is an application under windows
dxdiag is also the same
crash dump is normaly what you get when you press details during a crash info screen