Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DaySet [Vonmaus]

Ellifer

Villager
Xy$
![Message Me If Interested]!

Hoi, I know I'm new, and I've only completed half of a game and couldn't continue because my lack of knowledge in programming. I'm looking for all positions of a team. I'm wanting to make the game commercial because I'm looking to make a professional game. My inspirations are of Pokemon, Undertale, Mad Father, etc etc.

I don't like making too much public about the game because I want everything to be a surprise. This game is going to be a mind-fuck, the unexpected, a very quirky and cute game with a dark undertone that plunges you into a realm of curiosity and everlasting friendships. I am not all a professional myself being an amateur, but I dream big and with the right resources this could be a thing. Also, its genres are; RPG, Dating sim, Horror.

If this is successful I would like to give the site 10% and of course the team would all get a proper share of the profit. If making it commercial doesn't seem possible, then it will be free. I also would like to keep the game under $20, but again, that's very far in the future.

Even though I need all the members I can get, I need programmers the most. I plan on doing most of the art myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I need people in general for a team, but specifically DaySet is about a bunch of object head gijinkas. They all have different personalities and back stories.

Here's a paper a wrote about it a few days ago for school:
An environment where humans have objects for heads, what an interesting concept. That’s what I thought one day when thinking about games I could design. DaySet is a game I started to come up with. I doodled out some characters and progressed the thought into actuality. I had to figure out what the game was about, the type of game, and the characters you would meet.

The game started off as just a doodle of a person with a computer head. But, before I knew it, I had designed many characters and started coming up with how you could interact with them and gain relationships. The game, from the beginning, was about meeting odd individuals who had dark pasts and helping them cope with the harsh reality of life. Your character, the protagonist, progresses through the story and discovers facts about the odd town and its residents. The more you progress, and depending on the choices you choose, the game will change accordingly and morph to your characters decisions. Everything you do, will impact the ending and the events that occur.

DaySet is a simulation role playing game with a dating element. Almost every character is able to bond with you and you can engage in a relationship with. Your character is free to roam the town and interact with just about anything. It is also a drama with a quirky sense of humor. It takes strategy and empathy to be able to correctly choose the right thing to say at the right time and where to be at the desired time. Since this game is still in drafting stage, there may be small puzzles and challenges also added on later.

Small and big, intelligent and innocent, optimistic and pessimistic. All the characters are vastly different and have different ideals and personalities. Ilea, the computer-head is a quiet, nerd girl, versus; Sket, the sketch book artist whom is lively, quirky, and flirty. While Ilea may like to sit down for a cup of coffee, Sket yawns at the idea and would rather draw moustaches on everyone else’s face while they sleep. Ilea is harder to relate with and is quite closed off, while Sket jumps at the opportunity to hang out with just about anyone, being as social as he is. These are only two of the many characters in the game. With that said, each character has a difficulty of how easy it is to befriend them and have them open up to the main character. Choosing the right dialogue, attending the correct events, and giving gifts boost their affection levels.

DaySet is a game of love and despair. A game that creates bonds that last forever with characters that have endearing personalities. Though the game will take months to create and hard work, it would be worth it if the players experience the game correctly through; what the game is about, the type of game, and the characters they meet.

Some preview images:

These are just character previews, the game is pixel art, which isn't my forte, so...

The team name is Vonmaus.

TL;DR: Need members, get profit, message me if interested.

-[Ellifer]