Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Title Screen and menu

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
How are you doing everybody? Good? That's nice.

I might be not the first one to ask, or the only one to have this question lingering on our head on
Custom Title Screen and Menu

In Stray cat crossing, you can see that the title screen is fully customized.
As you can see the menu is on the bottom left, there is text on the left writing the version and more.
How can you change the default menu on the middle and move it to the left, and put text on the right,
and
the title screen is also shaking.

Another one is to the moon

In to the moon, the title screen actually slide down to the menu, and the menu is no more stacked,
but placed in a horizontal order.

FOR THE MENU

This is the default menu screen
Yes, it is slightly edited, but it is not going to relate to the topic.
Instead of just changing the windows color and changing menu position, how can you
make really, really custom menu.

I know that there are plugins and yes, they are quite nice, but I don't know any specific ones.

How to make custom menu that look more like this:

All helps are very appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

hbn

Towns Guard
Xy$
To The Moon I believe uses a map and has the menu evented using pictures. That said I've seen how it's done inside the gubbins so I can't say for certain. At least that's how I've done mine, using the skip title plugin and setting starting location as a map and having the character be invisible. Bit of a fiddle to get it sorted though.

Custom menus are possible, as seen with MOGs. I'm not a scripter though so I don't know how they've done it but I wouldn't mind making one myself that scales better with different resolutions. Having it run in 1920x1080 just makes the menu look horrendous. I'd prefer the menu just to stay centred in the screen and fixed size. The only issue with how I've done that is when you try quitting to menu, it won't quit to the one I've made.

Last edited:

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
To The Moon I believe uses a map and has the menu evented using pictures. That said I've seen how it's done inside the gubbins so I can't say for certain. At least that's how I've done mine, using the skip title plugin and setting starting location as a map and having the character be invisible. Bit of a fiddle to get it sorted though.

Custom menus are possible, as seen with MOGs. I'm not a scripter though so I don't know how they've done it but I wouldn't mind making one myself that scales better with different resolutions. Having it run in 1920x1080 just makes the menu look horrendous. I'd prefer the menu just to stay centred in the screen and fixed size.
Very Interesting, I see using parallax and events, interesting :p
Thank you very much!