Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowfeast (MV) Development Preview

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I just started today so don't expect anything big for AAAGES but here is what is so far implemented in the crowfeast game.
-Idle Poses
-Walk Poses
-Run Poses
-Messageboxes are pretty much where I want them, already.

Here's a video showing all that.
I also finally got my chance to use that overly pretentious swollen chin mongol I drew eight months ago

Welcome to the new edgestreme

Gameplay isn't yet implemented, but I know basically what I want, just have to think on how to go about it.

Expect another update much much later with gameplay systems fleshed out n' stuff.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Ahhh I like it~ It has the atmosphere and it's own style finally some biz here again. I'm interested ouo keep us up to date I'm looking forward to seeing more of this~

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I won't be around here much, likely in this thread at most, I've also lost my signature priveleges thanks to Xyphien's hypocritical desperation, but you're smart, I'm sure if you want to find me, you will.

As for Crowfeast, I've been implementing some of the gameplay, not Quell and Execute yet, but Civilians and their unique impressionable attribute are implemented, as is "Berk". Mira's loyal companion and weapon.
I play the bad gal here, but all three paths are finished, I messed up and forgot to set the EXP variable, I check it just fine, but I forgot to set it to the player's XP, so it's just a flat 0, as a result, dialogue with Rannol was shorter. But oh well, I'll fix it.
[doublepost=1462600294,1462210701][/doublepost]Bad Gal Mira is truly a pretty dark playthrough.
Yeah new advisory, and for good fuckin' reason. When the first few minutes of your game are enough to be given the choice of making a child scream in pain, you gotta be a bit preventative when considering the controversial catastrophes.

Few thoughts:

That middle option is a really clunky sentence. Ask him to get out of the way, or Ask him to move might be better? It's not wrong and maybe you're styling it so it fits however it took me a second or two to figure that one out.

Secondly you might want to stop the hand coming up on the idle animations it looks like every second or so she's pointing or doing a fonz.

Down stairs you might want to go and find broken stairs or wood or something for the staircase, if you got a wooden staircase and then made an image of the carpeted stairs and lay them on top of one another then made it look broken it may look better.

When you go on the balcony there should be a line with the texture of the outside walls, like a small 5 pixel or so bit of wood. It doesn't work with the perspective however there's not much you can do in that regard without compromising the level design.

With the door I'd recommend going and using TDDP_BindPicturesToMap and binding the wall above and then making it a lower opacity when you walk through the door.

Looks like good progress however keep it up!

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Few thoughts:

That middle option is a really clunky sentence. Ask him to get out of the way, or Ask him to move might be better? It's not wrong and maybe you're styling it so it fits however it took me a second or two to figure that one out.
Thanks! The writing is very much a subject to change. The game is incredibly early in development, but it's good that I am getting some feedback, I'm listening to all of it.
Secondly you might want to stop the hand coming up on the idle animations it looks like every second or so she's pointing or doing a fonz.
That sprite -- much as it may seem really good -- is actually just a placeholder I put together from a generated battle sheet. It will be updated along with the tiles when the game has it's mechanics fleshed out.

Down stairs you might want to go and find broken stairs or wood or something for the staircase, if you got a wooden staircase and then made an image of the carpeted stairs and lay them on top of one another then made it look broken it may look better.

When you go on the balcony there should be a line with the texture of the outside walls, like a small 5 pixel or so bit of wood. It doesn't work with the perspective however there's not much you can do in that regard without compromising the level design.

With the door I'd recommend going and using TDDP_BindPicturesToMap and binding the wall above and then making it a lower opacity when you walk through the door.
The maps are entirely placeholders at this point, the game is actually planned to be a side scroller, which is why there's such a focus on facing left or right. I'm just getting baseline mechanics worked out before I go making a whole bunch of art, the game's environments and such will take a huge leap up in a couple of weeks from now, when I get on break. As an example, There are 16 maps planned for the mansion, in a four by four grid, the top and floor below would be eight maps rather than the two seen here. All of the objects will also be much larger. The game is slated to look sorta like this.

Though probably not quite that pretty.

Looks like good progress however keep it up!
Oh, I will! Right now though I really gotta buckle down and do some homework.

Last edited: