Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating multi-level structures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Open

Villager
Xy$
Hello again! (blush) It's me with yet another problem I can't solve by myself...
So, I was looking at one of the loaded maps (specifically a castle one, I'll include it as a file) and can't find a way to recreate a similar thing. This building clearly has levels, it has additional entrances on the next floor, it has additional stairs etc.
Thing is when I try to do it I can put walls from tileset A, but can't do the same with roof-like tiles. Is it even possible to recreate something similar? (aww)

The first image is the default loaded map with some additional edits.
Map004.png
The second one is me, trying to create a "second floor", I selected areas where I was trying to add that roof tile, but couldn't (seems like the engine can't put one roof on another one? idk)
Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 01.06.44.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I attempted to recreate the castle using sand. (...sand castle lol)
Does this look close?

There's a lot of shift-click mapping going on there.(cool)

Also you can right click/drag around a group of tiles then shift left click to place them exactly as they were selected without triggering the auto tile.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if this helps. (cool)

Last edited:

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
I attempted to recreate the castle using sand. (...sand castle lol)
Does this look close?

There's a lot of shift-click mapping going on there.(cool)

Also you can right click/drag around a group of tiles then shift left click to place them exactly as they were selected without triggering the auto tile.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if this helps. (cool)

you beat me to it! the secret is shift-click

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Yup, shift click mapping has helped me make some incredible maps.
No worries, glad to here you got your PC repaired. (cool)(thumbsup)
Happy to help. (cute)

Thread is now closed. Due to this being solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.