Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a Plugin Command

Alright... I've all but exhausted my efforts in trying to find my own resolution (via Google, countless YouTube vids, etc.), & have made a similar request on another MV forum, without much luck. Hopefully someone on this forum can help.

I'm working on a custom plugin with virtually no JS exp.. I have years of coding exp., but not in JS... & while it is "familiar" territory, it is also quite foreign. I have a good, working plugin, but am having trouble trying to figure out how to implement a plugin command function in it.

I am trying to "track" an active state (e.g. buff) & have it displayed at all times (either in a custom window, or via an "aura" effect). I found YEP's Visual State Effect, which could work... but that would only show an active state while battling. I'm trying to make it visible at all times (without having person constantly checking their menu).

The way I currently have the plugin setup is to draw a small window @ the 0, 0 pos., which displays an icon & counter for the assigned state. The prob is that I only currently have it set to activate the window via switch... but I think it would make things a LOT simpler if I could just add a plugin command to the JS. Does anyone have any suggestions on the "easiest" way to do this? Or, any suggestions on a simpler plugin to accomplish the same thing? Thanks in advance.