Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could This Work/Is This Feasible?

Arythorn

Towns Guard
Xy$
So RPG Maker MV is a tool used to create... well, RPG's... But would it be feasible to create a different kind of game, a simulation perhaps (Something like The Sims or Virtual Families)?

The software gives us character sprites and tilesets to build things such as houses... so the only real thing to change the gameplay form RPG to a simulation style game would technically be the way it is coded/evented, no?

I'm just curious as I struggle with making good story lines that I can translate reasonably, and I love these types of games and wondered if I could perhaps make them in RPG Maker.

Any thoughts on the matter or ideas are much appreciated; though if you have longer, more in-depth ideas (such as ways to code/event it) that may require more explanation, feel free to PM me so this thread does not get too clogged!

even thought RPG Maker is for RPG but some of people already used it to make Simulations and Puzzle games like Maze crawler games and Harvest moon-ish games

and a good game could have no story at all just like this games plus Multiplayer games, but for me a story is what I personally craved for, if you have enough gameplay/start/finish some creative people could imagine the little story the maker implemented, easy right

some creative people even said if the story in a game is bad, then it's even better when there are no story to begin with