Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controlling events with other events

TunderBela

Villager
Xy$
Hi,
thanks for the demo. I wasn't able to run it (after pressing playtest only a blank screen came up) but checked the common event you wrote. I found listing the events in the common event one by one useful although it's not very common. It would be better to make it work with 'this event' instead of naming each event individually.

Thank you.

If anyone have a solution for using 'this event' please let me know.

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
"This Event" would refer to the common event due to this being called from the common event not the event that called the common event.
Fortunately a while back I had found a solution and created a small plugin for such situations.

I've re-uploaded the demo using the new method I just mentioned. Should work now.
I did have to manually move the events using scripts rather than the setMoveRoute command.
Move Events with Event - Demo: Click Here to Download
Is this how you need it?

Last edited:

TunderBela

Villager
Xy$
Thanks for your work. We wasted hours of time from our life for solving an easy problem.
monsterswitch.png 'This Event' works, only need to wait some time. Now the monsters go wall to wall with pressing the button. I can use as many events as I want.

Thanks for the programs and the plugin again.