Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contest Ideas

Okay this is all about making fun contests that everyone can join and has a chance of winning.

GIAW (Game in a week)
This idea is all about putting developers on a time table of 1 week to plan out a game following the contests theme.
This contest is usually a week and a few extra days long. a few days for signup and a few days for the judges to test the game outside of the development week.

Biz-o-thon
Forgetting the actual name of this contest I'm instead calling it a biz-o-thon. The idea is to hold sub contests in turn to the main contest.
each contest applies to a resource type: Writing, spriting, eventing, pictures, music, etc.
The winning content of the sub-contests then go into the main contest where developers of all sources then have to make a game with the winning resources in it.

Holday themes
This idea is simple, a contest with certain requirements based on a holiday theme. making sure all the requirements are met then judging it side by side with the other contestants projects to decide the winner.

CCC (Community Character Contest)
This idea uses the community at it's fullest extent and would also require a "Community Chracters Club"
Each member of the community would have their own sprite and face image for a character that entirely reflects themselves.
the contest would be making a game with members of the community instead of the designated RTP. Any characters can be NPCs and any characters can be the acting party.
The contest would have a generic theme where a bad guy who also must be a member of the community will take place.
Any kinds of games would be possible with this, but people must remember that it is for fun and shouldnt be taken too seriously.

Just a few Ideas to help the forum out and hopefully boost creativity and morale.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I really like these ideas, and I'll discuss with the other staff how to implement them. However, other than some free steam game codes, and a badge we don't have too much to offer as prizes currently. I'll see what I can do with everyone, and try to get some ideas rolling on prizes, and other things to make people more interested in the events at hand.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I have been working on contest ideas and getting together rules and themes etc for the past few days now, we will be hosting much more contests soon, some will be official contests others will be held by me and a few others but I love contests and now that I'm getting more free time I'm actually able to get these ideas ready for members here. Thank you for the suggestions MadPumpkin and you can expect more contests soon.