Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Common Event-Based Skills

Jonruy

Villager
Xy$
Say that I wanted to create a skill that will allow a character to increase another character's ex-parameter or sp-parameter by a value relative to one of their own parameters. I.E.: Character A has 13 agility, and can use the skill to increase another character's evasion by 13%. Then, A levels up, increases AGI to 15, and the same skill now increases evasion by 15%.

I'm thinking the best way to go about something like this is to have a bunch of states for different ex- and sp-parameters, and have a common event that runs inside the skill choose which state to apply. The only problem is that I'm not sure how to reference the user of a skill currently in use - as well as its target - in a custom script. Can someone fill me in?

There may be a plugin that someone has already made that can do this kind of thing, but I would rather just know how to make it work via code, as I'd like to practice scripting a bit on this project.