Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Class with Two-handed Weapon & Dual Wield

Shiro

Knight
Xy$
Hello!

I would like to create a class which can use bows (two-handed weapon) and also daggers/swords/axes (one-handed weapons).

The problem is if I use the dual wield tag the character can also carry two bows. I want to prevent this.

The other issue: Swords & Axes are also used by other classes and they should only be able to equip those 2 types once. (So I cannot tag the weapon itself with dual-wield)

I am using a lot of Yanfly's plugins so it's very likely that I run into compatibility issues if I use other plugins.

I think I have to use YEP_EquipCore + YEP_EquipRequirements
http://yanfly.moe/2016/02/27/yep-75-equip-requirements/

I'm currently on this code:

<Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
if (user.name() === ‘Harold’) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}
</Custom Equip Requirement Condition>

And changed it to:
(The class which is supposed to use this feature is called "Adventurer" and has the class id 8)

<Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
if (user.class() === ‘Adventurer’) {
condition = true;
}
</Custom Equip Requirement Condition>

How do I add that it unlocks dual wield? I don't know the code for it :/

However I think the next problem would be, if someone equips a sword/dagger/axe with this condition then they could equip a bow in the off hand.

Could someone help me with that problem? I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!:)

Edit: I could also give the class the dual wield and then lock it if it uses a bow. But still, I don't know how I can add the command/trait "disable dual wield" :/

Last edited:

Lore

Resident Dragon
Whilst I don't know the specific code, I think setting the slot type to Dual Wield and setting the Lock Equip to Bow should work. I personally haven't used dual wielding weapons before so I'm not sure.