Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprites Chibi Robo Character Set

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am working on these characters for one of my projects:

Here is the image character is based on:

robot_01.png Image by Thalzon

Here are samples of the charset images:

There are six different 'clothing' color options.
ChibRobWIP.png

Appreciate all suggestions and recommendations.

Last edited:

Chibae

Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca
apart from the head looks good, for some reason head looks weird. I dunno how to explain but the details look different to the way the body was designed

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
apart from the head looks good, for some reason head looks weird. I dunno how to explain but the details look different to the way the body was designed
Thanks. The body is the main part that I am going to work on fixing. It is the male generic RTP. I am working on making the arms and legs, 'stiffer'.

Chibae

Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca
Thanks. The body is the main part that I am going to work on fixing. It is the male generic RTP. I am working on making the arms and legs, 'stiffer'.
Kool can't wait to see it in its complete state. :) he looks like a astronaut or something :P

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The next step is going to make longer, straighter arms. Instead of having a single elbow, the robotic like figures have two 'elbows' on each arm. Since it is walking, I might just keep the arm straight.

Neotheny

Villager
Xy$
i would make them 64 in height and reduce the size of the head, to get that nice slim robotic figure.

also, metals are highly reflective surfaces. here are few examples how the shading should look like (1st and 2nd in the 2nd row):

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
It's looking pretty good MJ, there is one thing I noticed and that is the light source, I think this is why the head looks a bit different, if I can remember correctly, in rpg maker the light source for tiles & sprites is shining from the top left to the bottom right, and when I look at your sprites there is a dark spot on the top left of the head
Screenshot_4.png
Keep up the good work though, and I'm excited to see how it turns out in the end.