Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Charge/Mind Charge" Status Help

AKLTrifecta

Villager
Xy$
Good evening, fellow developers,

I had a question regarding implementing a status similar to "Charge"/"Mind Charge" from the Shin Megami Tensei series. For those unfamiliar with the skill name, it is a raw damage multiplier to the next skill used (physical and magical, respectively).

In terms of the damage formula itself, I have come up with the following formula itself, which works as expected:

Code:
c=a.atk*4-b.def*2; if (a.isStateAffected(22)) {c=c*2.25; a.removeState(22)} else {c=c}; c
However, I am having some difficulty when it comes to implementing this skill in terms of multi-hit or multi-target attacks. The first hit/first target of the skill will received the increased damage, but it will return to normal upon the second-and-onward hit. I'm currently still researching this at the moment, but I figured I would pose this question to the group to see if anyone has come across this issue.

Please let me know if there are any clarifications I can make.

Thank you,
AKLTrifecta