Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celtic Design TileSet 1.0 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Ronivan submitted a new resource:

Celtic Design 1.0 - First pure Pixelwork on MV

This is my first work on MV, also the first pure work that I did everything from scrap. I made it like a celtic style buildings, although a little to much fancy. There are some inconsistencies with roof, but its still under development. I didn't like the way the roof combines with other different position pieces, so its probably that I will delete it and start a new roof.

You are allowed to do anything you want with it, change and use as you see fit. I'm open to suggestions about anything,...
Read more about this resource...

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
These look pretty good for being first works. I'd say you have a knack for it heh. I plan on adding tilesets in a similar style too. I feel too limited without having a library of 100+ tilesets in a style that's consistent heh. But yeah, they look great, can't wait to see you add more!

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thank you. I also feel like lost in MV, since I skipped both VX and Ace. In RPG Maker XP I had around 854 tiles in my database. The ones I used I changed everything, mostly details.
There are some inconsistencies in this tiles you download, mostly in the roof. I'm trying to cover this problems first, then I'll go for more structures like a square roof and walls.

Barchetta

Villager
Xy$
I feel that the lighting gives it more of an Asian look rather than Celtic. Might I suggest stone bases for the buildings and some darker colors?

Other than that, it looks great. You have way more talent with tile sets than I'll ever have.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I feel that the lighting gives it more of an Asian look rather than Celtic. Might I suggest stone bases for the buildings and some darker colors?

Other than that, it looks great. You have way more talent with tile sets than I'll ever have.
Yeah celtic is usually more stonelike and "beat up" wood appearing. The roofs are also not as neat usually, and mostly made from wooden planks. That is, if it's meant to refer to the earlier celtic races.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thanks. I was feeling like a cross culture toward celtic style, not celtic pure. The upper parts of the building are made of wood, and the lower parts are made from stone, with wooden columns as support. I was unsure about the rooftop, I don't know if it was okay with the rest. What you guys think? Should I remove the roof and create another type? Its quite easy for me to remove only the roof and replace it here.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Thanks. I was feeling like a cross culture toward celtic style, not celtic pure. The upper parts of the building are made of wood, and the lower parts are made from stone, with wooden columns as support. I was unsure about the rooftop, I don't know if it was okay with the rest. What you guys think? Should I remove the roof and create another type? Its quite easy for me to remove only the roof and replace it here.
If you want to make another roof type, I'd recommend a wooden plank style (like a longhouse woulda had). But I'd also say keep the one you got, as that too can be useful for many people. xP The more the better. lol

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thanks I do some work at weekend, for now I'm a little busy here with work. I was considering doing it with hay roofs with different kind of wall. I have made all the work in a fragmented way, so its more easily to change or add anything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Ronivan updated Celtic Design TileSet 1.0 with a new update entry:

Hello again everyone, sorry for the delay. Here its an update in my late Celtic (more or less) Work.
Changes:
* Rooftop
* Walls
* Placed everything in 3 different TileSets, all files are in the file for you to
download in my google driver.

Again, the work is not finished, I still need to create more roof stuff like roof windows and chimneys. Right now I'm stuck on the MV horrible autotile settings for walls and other things. Autotile settings are no secret for me, I know how they work,...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
so... how do you, Ronivan, feel about it potentially being used commercially?
Oh well if you want to use these scraps you are welcome, I would not charge for anything. This work is more like a learning experience than a finished stuff, and I'm enjoying doing this when I have free time, which will become a bit difficult to have when my study year begins again. During this time, all my works that I post here could be used free, and I'm not thinking about charging anything, all I can ask for any work is credit, else everything is free, as I have stated in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.