Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burned or Non-Burned Ball People Character Sets

Do you prefer the BURNED or REGULAR Ball People Characters?

• BURNED

• REGULAR

Results are only viewable after voting.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am thinking of possibly burning my Ball People character sets. Here are non-burned and burned samples.

Non-Burned: Burned:

BalldenReg.png BalldenBurned.png
PinkReg.png PinkBurned.png

The differences are subtle, but are more apparent in game.

Non-Burned:
Non-Burned Screenshot.png

Burned:
Burned Screenshot.png

Do you prefer the burned Ball People or the regular Ball People?

Micro

Dragon Goddess
it's hard to see the differences. looking at it more closely, are the "burned" ones the ones with darker edges? if so I think those ones look better, but only if I'm really looking carefully; otherwise, it's a very easy detail to miss.

if I missed it entirely, I'm sorry. hope I helped a little!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
it's hard to see the differences. looking at it more closely, are the "burned" ones the ones with darker edges? if so I think those ones look better, but only if I'm really looking carefully; otherwise, it's a very easy detail to miss.

if I missed it entirely, I'm sorry. hope I helped a little!
In game, the difference are very subtle. In a 48 X 48 character sprite, you might have a 2 to 4 pixel burned border.

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
To be honest, there's hardly any detectable difference to me. All I see is a circle with a line on it drawn in MS Paint. As a spriteset...