Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Pathing

PAC918

Towns Guard
In MV there should be a possibility of clicking a quest name or NPC name and then automatically travelling to that point?
With release or perhaps a developed plugin after the fact?
Will it work across multiple maps? With or without encounter rates?

Maebius

Knight
Xy$
I'm trying to find where it's mentioned, but I vaguely recall reading that this is not going to work as you describe....
In the example Demo ,there is limited Pathfinding, if the way is clear and easy to traverse. Not quite "line of sight" but good enough for most small maps. I'm assuming you mean to click on an event or actor and move there? Possibly through clever event usage, but...

I doubt it "by default", that there is no default Smart Pathfinding across big map, per this:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/45338-mv-pathfinding-issue/

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
That issue is particularly strange.
I don't know how the pathfinding algorithm works, but if you stretched the resolution from 824x416 to 1920x1080 (effectively, displaying the entire map), and you start from one corner and click the other corner, the pathfinding works fine.

However, if you stand in THAT particular square (not even the one right beside it), it'll try to walk through walls.

Maebius

Knight
Xy$
ahh, yes, I see what you mean. I was keying in more on the reply from the Admin on that thread:
It's because it's not 'smart pathfinding' or rather has a rather limited range for that I suppose. That would be too intensive especially on big maps. Also can you imagine mazes and you just click on an area and the pathfinding solves everything for you?

PAC918

Towns Guard
Yeah, that's pretty weird that it does that for that one tile. The other side with the same fence doesn't have the same problem and it works fine from any point to the right of that one tile.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
In MV there should be a possibility of clicking a quest name or NPC name and then automatically travelling to that point?
With release or perhaps a developed plugin after the fact?
Will it work across multiple maps? With or without encounter rates?
Going from the demo, that's... already a thing.

It's just super dumb.