Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask Darc Anything!

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Hi I'm DarcHiro, a newbie at video game development, and an aspiring graphic designer. I'm posting this to offer people to get to know me a little better.

(heart)(heart)(heart) Ask Away! (heart)(heart)(heart)

Last edited:

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Is Valentine's Day your favorite "holiday"?
your red text makes me think of it lol
Heh! I do like Valentines day, but I meant the text to be red for Christmas... Maybe I should have used Green text with the hearts lol!
My favorite holiday on the other hand has to be Christmas! I'm always broke this time of year buying everyone gifts.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Or does the red color makes you think of the blood and death, just what your inner DarcHiro desires ?
Why is your mood "wishful" (blush)?

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
@Cunechan I do have to agree that I love destruction the same as anyone, but I feel like I'm more Chaotic Neutral. I will do random good things every now and then or burn down a village if it suits my desires... hehehe
And I'm Wishful because I'm hoping I win a free copy of MV in this holiday giveaway by HimeWorks.

@Amysaurus I love coming up with small gifts for everyone based on how the year was: Like my friend turned 21 this year so I gave her drinking games, and another friend started wearing a ton of bowties this year so I bought him an emoji bowtie.

@Micro Yes I did! It's a white artificial tree with a ton of gold and red decorations on it. Mainly though the decorations are things that meant a lot to me during the past years and we'll buy an ornament each year showing how we changed.

@Xyphien I'd have to say my favorite feature is the Resources, because I can see the beautiful designs by people! I've been following my favorite designers lol!

Micro

Dragon Goddess
@Cunechan I do have to agree that I love destruction the same as anyone, but I feel like I'm more Chaotic Neutral. I will do random good things every now and then or burn down a village if it suits my desires...
Have you taken this quiz? ---> http://www.easydamus.com/character.html it gives you a D&D alignment :D 129 questions so I think it is fairly accurate!

I myself am True Neutral!

anyways, if you were a mythical creature, what would you be?

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
@Micro hahahah I got
Chaotic Evil Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/2nd Level)
Also I'd probably be a Unicorn if I was a mythical creature... lol like maybe a black unicorn not completely evil but I do what I want...
Also I'd get to poop skittles and pee rainbows...

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would you like to share a small example of your artwork?

BTW @Micro I came out as a 7th Level Lawful Good Cleric. My favorite 1st edition D&D character played in 1983 was a Neutral Good Cleric. HMMM

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
@MinisterJay Hahaha! I'd love to if I had anything actually made at this point! I have done a few sketches on gimp and I'm planning to get photoshop later... I'd say I'm a designer who hasn't really found his creativity yet... I mean I have recolored a few tilesets before, but I haven't really done anything in great detail yet... Maybe I'll post something when I actually finish it this time...

Sorry, but I'll remember to show you something later.

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
oh my!! xD
It's a good thing we have Jay here to keep things under control if you get a bit rowdy, Darc! (snicker)
The funny thing is I know I'm really demented, but people flock to me because I have a happy attitude... Never trust us happy folks. We're the ones to stab you in the back! hehehe

But honestly I try to be nice, some people just deserve to be ground up in a blender.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Lol I'm as late as always. Missed like 5 posts here just while playing sims XD the green-red looks really nice btw~

@Micro sorry totally forgot about it (even though i had a hard time looking words up. Man english isn't that easy XD) I'm lawful good. I expected something like this but still surprised but well. I'm an elf wizard lol.

@DarcHiro wait did you ever stab someones back?

Micro

Dragon Goddess
But honestly I try to be nice, some people just deserve to be ground up in a blender.
lmao I totally agree.

and no worries Mr. Chaotic Evil. I'm True Neutral, so as long as you're cool to me, you can throw those mean people in blenders if you want to! Not my business man (snicker)

ok question question to stay on topic here.... do you have a "main" original character who represents you? can you tell us about him/her?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's a good thing we have Jay here to keep things under control if you get a bit rowdy, Darc! (snicker)
Those Cure Light Wounds and Turn Undead are backed with splint mail armour and a nice mace. :)

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
@Cunechan I haven't actually "Stabbed" anyone in the back, but I have a lot of people I hate that think I'm their best friend.

@Micro I have a character I've been working on, his name is... well he actually doesn't have a name but people call him Vincent. He is a character that is essentitally me in a nutshell. While he tries to be nice, he didn't actually have any time to learn who he really is. He means well, but some of the things he says can be awkward and sometimes he doesn't know when to shut his mouth. All in all though he is a good guy that is just trying to figure things out for himself.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@DarcHiro Sounds more Chaotic Neutral than true Chaotic Evil.

Was a Dungeon Master, back in the 1980's. I would have changed your alignment. Good thing your not a Cleric or Anti-Paladin. :)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Ouch that must be uncomfortable ewe. I know a lot of people like this but I show them my not existing interest and hope them to leave. I hope you'll be fine though